Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Catherine Eddowes, Jack the Ripper Vi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Non-Fiction Books » Catherine Eddowes, Jack the Ripper Victim (Neal Shelden, 2003) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 29, 2003Neal Shelden25 5-29-03  6:46 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant
Username: Neal

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a photograph of Charles William Fisher the eldest son of Elizabeth Fisher (nee Eddowes). Nephew of Catherine Eddowes. The photograph was kindly provided by the relative mentioned in the previous post. Charles William Fisher

Eduardo Zinna
Police Constable
Username: Eduardo

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Neil,

Good work. We are all grateful for your discoveries.

All the best,
Eduardo

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Eduardo,
The lady related to the Fisher family actually found me because she is a member of a family history society and saw the booklet advert in Family History Monthly.
I hope there are many more photographs still out there waiting to be found?

All the best
Neal

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I just wanted to say that I am very pleased that the lady named Josephine (CE great great granddaughter) who telephoned into the LBC programme with Jeremy Beadle, is the lady that I had the pleasure of meeting earlier this year. She is the little girl in the picture above.

all the best
Neal.

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ellen Phillips
Ellen Phillips (left) daughter of Annie Phillips, granddaughter of Catherine Eddowes. With husband and two children c.1916 or 1917.

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have received information that the last family member to know Annie Phillips has died. Her name was Catherine (also Kitty) Wells and she was Annie’s granddaughter. I was never able to meet with Kitty but her daughter sent the photograph of Ellen Phillips (above) to her cousin, who in turn sent it to me.
Annie Phillips was expecting her daughter Ellen when she attended her mother’s inquest in 1888.

BAPEarce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The resemblance around the eyes of her descendaents is really something.I would love to get a copy of this and your two other books.

Eduardo Zinna
Police Constable

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Neil,

Once again, allow me to congratulate you on your wonderful work in the field of Ripperology. We are all grateful for your contributions to a better knowledge of the victims and their families.

With best wishes,
Eduardo

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi BA Pearce, you may be able to try www.laybooks.com for the Eddowes one, but unfortunately I don't believe that there are any copies left of the other two.

Hi Eduardo, thanks.
best wishes
Neal

Glenn L Andersson
Inspector
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 438
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Neal,

I managed to get a copy of the Eddowes booklet from the link in question. I'll recieve it on Monday, and I'm looking forward to read it.

Keep it up, Neal!

All the best
Glenn L Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Steven Atkins
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Neal,
Many thanks for posting the images of Catherine Eddowes's descendants.I find your research fascinating.

I have taken the liberty of trying to restore the very badly cracked photo so that anybody that would like to,can make a copy.

Best regards,

Steven

granddaughter restored

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 73
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great job Steven,
I hope boarders can see them more clearly now.
Thanks
Neal

Chris Scott
Chief Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 643
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Neal
Have been able to clean up the other photo you posted a bit as well - makes it a little clearer
Regards
Chris

2nd

Eduardo Zinna
Sergeant

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Neal, Hi Chris,

Once again, my sincere thanks, as one of the many beneficiaries, for your many valuable contributions to Ripper archives.

Please keep it up.

All the best,
Eduardo

Glenn L Andersson
Chief Inspector
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 543
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Neal,

Just read your Eddowes booklet. A fascinating research. Good work, Neal.

All the best
Glenn L Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 124
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie,
I don't have anymore copies of the Catherine Eddowes booklet, can photocopy the pages but unfortunately for the same price?

Neal

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
just read and obtained a copy of this. It's really good, I have to say, i think it was worth the money!

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 217
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer,

I agree. Shelden is the man when it comes to victim research. He's no non-sense. I have all his stuff, from his first collection of information on all the victims, to his historical Chapman edition, and Eddowes. I say buy everything he puts out.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,
i will look out for his other stuff.
Let's hope he has some more stuff out soon,
Jenni
ps like in time for xmas!
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This title is currently advertised for £15 on
http://www.ripperbooks.com/

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.