Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The Return of Jack the Ripper Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Fiction Books » The Return of Jack the Ripper « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan L. Hollifield
Police Constable
Username: Vila

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Return of Jack the Ripper, by Mark Andrews
This one paints Joe Barnett as a medical student, and the Ripper, so you can guess just how bad it really is. The text concerns a play written in the modern day 1970s which calls up the spirit of Jack the Ripper to kill hookers in the streets of New York while the play is in production. The fact that the new Ripper victims share the same names and are killed on the same dates as the real Ripper victims should tell you just how awful this slim volume really is. The attention to real detail is seldom, and the facts are few-- Which describes the book as a whole; dull, inacurate, and only for the collections of completists who'll never read the bloody thing anyway.
Avoid this book unless you're really nuts about owning every book with "Jack the Ripper" in the title.
Vila
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

claudia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I'm an italian student and I would like to make a work about Jack the Ripper concerning my studies. I need to know which authors have wrote about this serial killer, a sort of literarian journey that help me to analyze this characther not under a psycological profile, but literarian one. Thanks anticipated. Beatrice79

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.