Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Derek Acorahs Quest for Guy Fawkes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Television Programmes » Derek Acorahs Quest for Guy Fawkes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Leahy
Inspector
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 304
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well noone else was going to start this thread so I thought I'd take the liberty of creating one.

Derek Acorahs Quest for Guy Fawkes is a two hour special on LIVING TV Saturday evening NOV 5th at 9.00 pm.

While, for those of you who hate psychics, nothing will ever be good enough. I hope that some of you might see that 'psychics' can be used to cover factual history in an interesting and original way.

If you enjoy this then please go to Living TV's forums and request a QUEST for Jack the Ripper, oh what could be done.

Besides i spent bloody ages crawling around in muddy feilds with the English Civil war soceity to produce this. I promise a lighter watch than the Psychic Detective series earlier in the autumn.

Hopefully something quite new by an intelegent, carismatic, witty, youthful, young director.

well two out of five aint bad.

Enjoy

Jeff

MTR
Detective Sergeant
Username: Rigby

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two ? I counted at least three

I'll certainly put a request in for a JtR 'quest' but I'm not sure any such emails/letters do much good. They certainly rarely warrant anything better than robot-written replies. Would you intend to use Derek for such a project ?

Mike.

Alan Hunt
Sergeant
Username: Mews

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 7:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

u could always tie derek to a lamppost in goulston street and see what spirit turns up!!

Jeff Leahy
Inspector

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 6:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Guys

Well I'd be quite happy to use anybody, as I've explained i've talked and worked with a number of psychics on this..I've even spoken to the dream man Chris Robinson who has his own Ripper veiws.

The sence of using a known psychic is that they come with a built in audience and getting a commission becomes easier.

Broadcasters very rarely commision one off's these days and as i explained before terristrially TV have to use scientific tests etc to get around the regulations.

To me the psychic is just a means to an end, a way of adding colour to the story and bringing up areas of debate that may get over looked in other documentaries.

I wish I'd had more time to explore the information in Guy Fawkes. Unfortunately I was in edit working on the programme the day after we filmed the Guy Fawkes seance, we just ran out of time.

Dereks idea that 'Wintour' betrayed the plot did at first seem ridiculus...however it depends how you interpret that information..I've since discovered that Robert Wintour may well have given information that lead to the arrest and execussion of a preist who took the plotters last confessions called 'Hammond' so perhaps Derek was correct again?

Yes i'd like to work with Derek, I'm sure he'd find the correct spirit at the Ten bell's, hopefully in pints...He's great to work with but then so is Tony.

Its really a question of who's willing to put up the money to finance the production..they usually have the last say.

Cheers for your comments.

Jeff

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1518
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 4:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Nothing would excite me more than having a true Jack The Ripper programme which was on actual location involving a medium of high regard.
However this is not practical because of the publicicity such a programme would involve and the impossibility of conducting such a experiment in the streets of Whitechapel/Aldgate in conditions that would be required.
Any such task in the future would have to be a recorded session that was conducted without prior knowledge from the media.
Richard.

Jeff Leahy
Inspector

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard

Vrey few television shows are live like most haunted..and even then there are delays and VT incerts.

Besides filming in advance and taking time to get the recon correct just means you get a better show when you've had time to edit it properly with a director who knows what they are trying to acheive.

I think the walk from Newgate prison to Mitre Sq with a desendant of Cathrine Eddows could be very interesting.

Jeff

Tom Evans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 4:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Jeff! I have to say I quite enjoyed the programme about Guy Fawkes with Derek, it was interesting to see Derek's interpretation of events. My one criticism is of the presenter though, Angus really didn't seem to have the spark a presenter should do for me personally and became annoying at certain points of the show. However, well done on making an informative and original program about the much covered gunpowder plot!
I await your attempts at a similar program based on the ripper murders with anticipation, as I believe that psychic interpretation of the case could prove interesting to both the casual viewer and ripperologists. I have often wondered why mediums are not blindfolded before reaching a specific site, surely this would rule out the majority of suggestions of foul play? It sounds like a brilliant idea, and would no doubt be a great project to be able to work on if sufficient interest could be raised, which I'm sure is only a matter of time. All the best, Tom Evans

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.