Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

"Miller's Court" by James Jeffrey Pau... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Musicals, Plays and Theatrical Performances » "Miller's Court" by James Jeffrey Paul « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Jeffrey Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, fellow Ripperologists! Yesterday evening, I attended the taping of my Ripper play, MILLER'S COURT, in Charlotte, NC. Laura Reed Goodson played Mary Kelly, and Joe Copley was Jack. They were INCREDIBLE--the level of skill and intensity they brought to their performances was remarkable. The play should be ready for radio broadcast and CD release by late June or early July.
I hope you will all purchase the CD (hint, hint) and that as many of you as is possible will attend the play's live premiere in Charlotte in September.

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

Congratulations on the taping of your play, James Jeffrey!

And here's a reminder that details of the upcoming Charlotte, North Carolina, mini-conference of September 16-18 featuring the presentation of James Jeffrey Paul's "13 Miller's Court" and my musical "Jack--The Musical" as well as talks by Stan Russo, Dan Norder, and Dr. James Bailey on profiling Jack, as well as Joe Chetcuti and myself on Dr. Tumblety are at

http://www.actorssceneunseen.com/ripper.asp

All my best

Chris George
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
See "Jack--The Musical" by Chris George & Erik Sitbon
The Drama of Jack the Ripper Weekend
Charlotte, NC, September 16-18, 2005

James Jeffrey Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I trust that both our plays will receive much publicity in RIPPEROLOGIST, Christopher?

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1501
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 6:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi James Jeffrey

"The Drama of Jack the Ripper Weekend" is covered in the "I Beg to Report" news section of the new (May) issue of Ripperologist as well as in the news section of Ripper Notes. Producer Jim Vita has also taken out a half page ad in Ripperologist, as well as on the front page of Casebook, as you may have seen. As for reviewing our respective shows in Ripperologist, I will talk to someone who I think will be able to write objective views of them for our readership, so stay tuned.

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
See "Jack--The Musical" by Chris George & Erik Sitbon
The Drama of Jack the Ripper Weekend
Charlotte, NC, September 16-18, 2005

James Jeffrey Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was also great meeting and working with Jim Vita, the producer of Actors Scene Unseen, and his wife, Elizabeth, who directed the play. They were very, very nice people and both, incidentally, have backgrounds in psychology--Elizabeth still works in that field. She directed the play with great attention to pacing and psychological nuance--I think her "other career" greatly influences her directorial work.

And it was fascinating to see how the recording process is done these days. It's all digital--they just press a few buttons and the sounds are stored in the machine. Then they press another few buttons and the sounds "speak" out of the machine!

An historical and musical question that someone out there might know the answer to: In my play, I have Mary sing "Only a Violet I Plucked From Mother's Grave." The fellow who's doing the music for the show provided a beautiful arrangement for the song that was based on a tune that's different from the one that can be heard on the Casebook--a more melancholy and less bouncy setting. Does anyone know just how many different musical settings for that song exist?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.