Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jack the Myth... a second edition? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Non-Fiction Books » Jack the Myth (Wolf, 1993) » Jack the Myth... a second edition? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1962
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Through several different web sites scattered around the world I have recently found that pre-orders are being taken for a second edition of the 'Myth', to be published by the original publishers, Robert Hale of London.
In Australia orders are being taken for just under fifty Oz dollars.
This is all news to me, as I haven't heard Jack **** from my publishers or agents for over ten years.
Well they got a battle on their hands, because I am presently negotiating to relaunch a limited edition of the revised edition - available here on the Casebook site for free - at a price suitable to the market.
May the best man - or woman - win.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP,

thanks for the warning.

Jenni
"All you need is positivity"

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1768
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP.Have just come on line after a hectic week
and following a short break away.Have therefore not read all the latest info yet etc but read with interest the above.I had hoped you might do a revised edition so very glad about that.
Hope it works out OK for you-and like Jenni says-thanks for the warning!
Natalie

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The battle commenced and with a magnificent broadside I was able to blow the original publishers of the Myth clean out of the water and onto the beach where they lay helpless with their privates adangling in the sea breeze.
Actually the original publishers, Robert Hale, had no idea that pre-orders were being taken for a second edition, and they certainly had no idea that they were supposed to be publishing it.
So if you come across one of the many websites in Australia and America that are offering to take twenty quid off you for a copy of the second edition of the Myth, don’t do it, ‘cos it aint going to happen.
All copyright has reverted to some old drunk on some obscure island.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you enjoyed yourself posting that AP

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 5:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I most certainly did, Natalie, it is so nice to be in control of one's own universe.
The old drunk will probably publish his revised edition when he is sober.
That'll be the day!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1831
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 5:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I for one cant wait for the next publication
AP.In fact I reread The Myth the night before last and found it highly relevant and credible.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.