Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

New Rumbelow Update Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » General Discussion » New Rumbelow Update « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Angel
Sergeant
Username: Angel

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Does anybody have any information on a fully revised and updated D. Rumbelow book The Complete Jack The Ripper listed on Laybooks? Penguin Australia questioned my sanity ( not the first ) and my eyesight.

Any help would be appreciated.

THE COMPLETE JACK THE RIPPER. Fully Revised and Updated.
£9.00
Penguin. 2004.
Fully Revised and Updated (1st pub. Allen 1975) p/back ISBN: 0140173951

The updated and revised edition of the classic, fully comprehensive examination of the facts, theories and fictions surrounding Jack the Ripper. When first published the author exploded a number of notions that had seemed to be attractive, and in particular the alleged Masonic conspiracy involving 'the highest in the land' was demolished once and for all. In examining the facts, the mythology cannot be ignored, and the book contains fascinating insights into the portrayal of the Ripper on stage and screen and on the printed page. Also includes 20th century imitators : Jack the Stripper- the Thames Nude Killer of the 1960s and Peter Kurten, the notorious Dusseldorf Ripper. Profusely illus, Bibliog. and Index. 367pp. mass market p/back. New with tipped-in label SIGNED by the author. (Paperback)

There is no such thing as right or wrong - only places to stand.

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 657
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Er, only that there is one and your sanity is intact. I was looking it over in Waterstones yesterday, wondering whether it was worth buying seeing as I already have the old version!
"Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."

Angel
Sergeant
Username: Angel

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Alan,

Thank you, kind sir.

I have a 1975 library second I brought for $1. with only 50 or so pages and all the illustrations missing. I shall annoy the publishes, both here and overseas, some more. For them at the moment it's a grassy knoll theory.

There is no such thing as right or wrong - only places to stand.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and how different is it?

I have 1988 edition!

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Diana
Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 334
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a suggestion. I have done this in the past with great success. Make a list of every JTR book you have ever drooled over. As we move into late November, your friends and relatives will pose the question, "And what do you want for Christmas" Whip out your list.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 6:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana,
i like your suggestion, i am just wondering how different it is to the previous 1988 edition?

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.