Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jack the Ripper Computer Game Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Games and Miscellany » Jack the Ripper Computer Game « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

BJMarkland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I spotted this game in Best Buy Saturday. Has anyone purchased it yet? Here is the link to the game:

http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/jack_the_ripper/

Best of wishes,

Billy

Howard Brown
Detective Sergeant
Username: Howard

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo Billy....I have the game and stuck in a glitch on the "Second Day"....
This seems to be a common problem with people who own the game....Caveat emptor,my man !!!!

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 279
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was interested in it, but they don't have a Mac version apparently.

I also tried to get a review copy (thinking I'd find a way to borrow a friend's computer) but never heard back from them. Ah well, was worth a shot.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

steve tavani
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 8:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a patch I believe. I played the game and really enjoyed it.

Howard Brown
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 7:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Mr. Tavani....
Any advice on how to get past the second day of the game ? I am stuck on that Chinese calendar on the door in the alley....
If you can help me,I will name my next child after you....Thanks in advance !

T.E.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 6:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is the walktrough for the Jack The Ripper game : http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcJj/JackRipper.htm

Best wishes

Sheila Mills
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am also stuck on the chinese calendar, second day. Wish I knew then what I know now I would have waited to buy it. Can anyone get me out of the second day?

T.E.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The riddle with the chinese door is solved this way: Pan left, click on panel and see 2 wheels with the animals found in the Chinese calendar years.

Let's see, the advertisement has the dragon symbol on it. The center of the wheels has the yin yang symbol.

Turn the left wheel to have the dragon symbol on top.

Turn the right wheel to get the other half of the yin yang symbol that will match the one missing on the red design of the main green-red door. Hear a click.

Hope this helps

Howard Brown
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help,Torkel !!

lily pezzoli
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 2:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, as I'm stuck on this door too (chinese symbols) and didn't find a patch yet I wondered if anybody get rid of the problem?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.