Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

I can't take it anymore... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Non-Fiction Books » Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed (Cornwell, 2002) » I can't take it anymore... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Unsuspected
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...you people are just a bunch of whiners and ninnies. You guys have a vested interest in keeping JtR's identity anonymous, because IF his identity is ever established beyond doubt, you're out of a job. Back to Monopoly™ or Risk™. How many of you have personally examinded the original surviving evidence and documentation and applied forensic science where applicable? None. I have yet to see anyone post just what investigaive strategies and methods they would employ if they got the opportunity build a case. So tell me, how would you solve the crime?

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 523
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 7:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unsuspected,
we didn't a write a book(well some of us did but not me!) and invest a lot of money in JTR, we don't have a vested interest in keeping the identity secret. In fact I think the converse is true because knowing who JTR was would really help a lot. It would mean we could ask who killed x (ie non JTR victims could be identified). we could ask why whomever never get caught. We could ask how could we believe it could have been X, Y and Z for so long! We could invest time and effort into understanding more about the victims of JTR and many other aspects of discussions that take place on these boards that do not relate to the killer's identity. Did the killer write the graffito?, for example.

Yes we have been known to slate Pat Cornwell's book, but their are reasons for this. We're not just a bunch of meanies you know!

Jennifer
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unsuspected,

Can take it anymore ??

I know where you can get a good length rope.

IF is a small word but makes ALL the difference.

Go back to Scarpetta. Leave the facts to us. Either that or study this case properly before you climb outta you pram spewing a load of tosh about us not wanting Jack IDed.

Monty, who suffers fools gladly....but not Cornwell teenyboppers !

PS The case cannot be solved without more evidence.

....all good pals and jolly good company !!

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 528
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Monty,
couldn't agree more, in fact I would suggest we all take a chill pill!
Jenni

Scott Suttar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Scotty

Post Number: 122
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ouch!

You're all mean.

Unsuspected, I would just like to say that I have no vested interest in keeping JtR's identity a secret. Unfortunately I don't know his identity so my stance basically stands for **** all. I unlike Monty do not suffer fools well, as a result I get really annoyed by people such as yourself who throw such accusations wildly around. The very reason for boards such as these is so that people who do not have access to original documents can still make informed and insightful contributions on the subject in the hope that one day a solution may be found. Short of some serious cash injection I imagine many of the contributors here cannot afford to travel to the places where some of these documents are kept let alone pay for testing on them. I can state clearly though, if I did have the money I would not use it to destroy artworks and falsely accuse long dead people with spurious evidence. I am unsure whether the crime can be solved now and I seriously doubt that forensic evidence will ever be able to identify the killer. I don't believe that any of the high profile suspects were JtR. The implication, if I am right, is that there will be no existing forensic evidence which can be categorically identified as the killer's. That's right, I am saying that no paintings or letters or manuscripts will reveal the true identity. Cornwell's theory is based on supposition and incomplete facts. I applaud anyone, whoever they are in trying to solve the case, but Cornwell entered the realm which so many ripperologists do. She became certain that her suspect was JtR and tried to build a case around him. Once the blinkers are on, all bets are off.
Scotty.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 529
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scotty,
Harsh perhaps. Mean? I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you say though. I doubt very much I could afford to conduct forensic tests on anything,
Jennifer

spymaster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cornwall applied forensic science to letters, most of which, if not all, may be hoax letters. She made no attempt to apply forensics to the murders themselves.
Her case is hopelessly flawed

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 2351
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Cornwall applied forensic science to letters, most of which, if not all, may be hoax letters. She made no attempt to apply forensics to the murders themselves.
Her case is hopelessly flawed"

Touché, spymaster. In a nut shell.

All the best
G, Sweden
"Want to buy some pegs, Dave?"
Papa Lazarou

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.