Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Murphy's Law UK: Jack's Back Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Television Programmes » Murphy's Law UK: Jack's Back « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant
Username: Neal

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The new series of Murphy's Law (starring James Nesbitt of Cold Feet fame) starts in the UK on Monday 10th May at 9.00 p.m. on BBC1, with the first programme called "Jack's Back".
Apparently, a killer is stalking homeless people in London's West End, while an actor plays Jack the Ripper in a modern theatre version of the story.
Jack is played by Shakespearean actor Anthony Sher.

I've known about this since last November because I was an extra in the crowd at the theatre scene filmed at the Fortune Theatre in London.
I only realized that it had a Jack the Ripper connection when the extras were all moved into the smoke filled theatre and I looked up to the street scene that had a sign that said something like Bride's Row? Meant to be Buck's Row of course.
We were then asked to shout and clap as Jack killed one of his mini-skirted victims. At one time, I was asked to sit in one of the front seats of the theatre. The director told me to cheer Jack, but because I did exactly the opposite he moved me three rows back!

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 282
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Neal,
you rebel!!!!
I will look out for the series. I guess there won't be any close ups of you though!!!!!Tut tut!!!
Jennifer

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant
Username: Neal

Post Number: 141
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer, I doubt if there will be any close ups of me because the programme might be frightening enough!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.