Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Toys, now?!?!? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » General Discussion » Toys, now?!?!? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Candy Morgan
Police Constable
Username: Candy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the latest travesty from McFarlane:

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1702

<sarcasm>I really really like the club foot/wooden leg/watchholder thingy Jack has in this. And the river of blood flowing from his Gladstone bag. </sarcasm>
One wonders how he was ever able to escape, being that he was painting the town quite literally red...

Let's all write to Todd McFarlane and ask him what the h is the matter with him. Perhaps he'll do Ed Gein next...

~~Love and Rockets!
Candy

"Look! A NUN!"

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are those jumper cables hangin from his waist?

Paul

Dan Norder
Sergeant
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, I believe Ed Gein was already done... not sure if it was by McFarlane or not.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 232
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Candy -

Yeah, I've seen that. I have yet to see the actual resin though. Hey, is that you at coral castle in your profile pic?

crix0r

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like these dolls.
If you go on E-bay the dolls are selling for up to a hundred dollars a piece, and all the self-published books by vain-glorious Ripper writers - first edition and signed if you please - are going for a dollar fifty cents.
You can get a signed first edition from Cornball for a dime.
A diary for a buck.
An original first edition!
But if you want a doll, you gotta pay, big bucks.
Love it.

Candy Morgan
Police Constable
Username: Candy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason!

Yes, it was taken at the Coral Castle. Good eye!

Hi AP!

A hundred dollars? Holy crow! Back when I collected plastic, a mint in box 'party Angela' was only about $75 and I thought anybody paying that much for a toy you couldn't play with was barking.
E-bay does have some odd listings for Jack the Ripper though. Have you seen the dogs playing pool picture yet?

Hi Paul!

Jumper cables? Of course, now we know what he started the fire in 13 Miller's Court with...

Love and Rockets!
~~Candy
"Look! A NUN!"

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 578
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would y'all believe that I lived about ten minutes from coral castle for a large portion of my life and I have never seen it? Other than driving past it on my way to the mall.

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 339
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally,

Yes, we believe it. We all believe it.

Love ya,
Mikey

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 235
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nope, I can't believe it. As we so adequately ascertained last tuesday, you simply do not exist.

Tis that simple :-)

In all seriousness, I'd believe it. It's not like you claimed you help him make it :P

I'd like to peep it out next time I'm down that way, which probably won't be for a while.

Here is a link to one of the many Coral Castle web sites for all those wondering what we are talking about.

crix0r
P.S. Give it a few months, you'll be able to buy the resin from EB for $5.99

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 582
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm.... I am not altogether sure how to take that Mikey dear. Pondering that. I am sure what you meant was I am entirely too cool to do touristy things, right? But then you'd be insulting Candy, who'd kick your arse and yourself who obviously recognized it.

Smooch,

Ally

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.