Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Ripperana (a.k.a. Fillerana) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Periodicals » Ripperana » Ripperana (a.k.a. Fillerana) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 28, 2005David Knott50 1-28-05  6:09 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 804
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 6:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Warren can hate Begg all he wants, and even trash his book if he does so honestly and on its own merits and shortcomings. But that’s not what I read here. Can you say ‘bitter agenda’?

Oh I roll...and then chortle and then roll some more. The irony here is just killer.

Love your review as always, Tom. You put that line in just for me, didn't you?

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1721
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 6:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what irony?

Jenni

ps five word rule!
"What d'you think about that? Now you know how I feel"

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 807
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah Jenni,

I don't wish to clutter up the lovely review thread with those old tales. Should I ever catch you in the chattery or shoot me an email one day and I shall regale you.

Cheers,

Phil Hill
Detective Sergeant
Username: Phil

Post Number: 81
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To me Nick Warren holds an honoured place in "Ripperology" and will continue to do so.

Phil

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 294
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer,

I know what you mean. It occured to me he may have been reviewing 'The Facts', but that's not what the review says, so I'm going with it. In either case, the review is out of date, unfairly angled, and poorly done, much like my reviews.

Phil,

Yeah, we know his history. My review of Nick Warren circa 1992-98 would be considerably different than that you read above. Nevertheless, Nick Warren chooses not to rest on his laurels and continues putting out literature, therefore that literature will be reviewed on its own merits.

Ally,

Actually, I'm with Jen on this one. I have no clue what you're talking about. Please feel free to clutter this thread...I do...and regail us.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 8:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,

i'll have to take your word on that - Ally hasn't regailed me!

Jennifer
"What d'you think about that? Now you know how I feel"

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 809
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni,

If you want to know, lift a finger for yourself once in a while! All you have to do is send me a private request, written on a nice cardstock ( I prefer cream colored), make sure it's stamped and notarized by three different notaries and I will gladly regale you with that information.

Sorry couldn't resist that one.

Anyway it's no big mystery. I just found it to be an ironic statement as so often I have heard a very similar statement made with a couple of adjustments to the names.

Chris Phillips
Chief Inspector
Username: Cgp100

Post Number: 660
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 8:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally

Not so fast! Have you taken legal advice on that offer?

Chris Phillips

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 810
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Plague take it, I knew I'd skipped a step. All offers are hereby rescinded until Johnny Cochran calls me back.

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 295
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally,

Ironic? Are you saying someone has accused yours truly of having a 'bitter agenda'? If so, I'd be mildly curious to know who.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 811
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not you sweetie Tom! Didn't mean to give that impression at all..talking about my favorite author..let me rephrase.

It was ironic to see Paul Begg being cast in the role of having someone else using their publication to carry out a bitter agenda against him.

I would say, turnabout is fair play and all that.

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 299
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally,

Oh, the Harris thing. We've been through this before. I just don't see it. The bitter one has to be Warren. He hates Norder for being American, and Begg for being alive. Not healthy.

Yours truly

Tom Wescott

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 816
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tom,

I sincerely doubt that Warren hates Paul Begg simply for being alive. I mean Warren is alive, and therefore, hardly likely to hate someone for being in a similar state. If Warren does indeed hate Begg, which I would not at all be in a position to know, then I am quite sure it is based on something of a little more meat and merit than existence.

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 8:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally writes: "I sincerely doubt that Warren hates Paul Begg simply for being alive. I mean Warren is alive, and therefore, hardly likely to hate someone for being in a similar state."

I wouldn't be too sure about that, Allykins. After all, Warren edits a Ripper mag (theoretically speaking) and hates anyone else who does the same (particularly if they do it better). Having said that, there certainly is more to it. Think 'Diary'.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 819
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 7:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah...the damned, dratted Diary. The source of all evil. The ruination of friendships, empires and many a message board thread.

It's evil and must be destroyed.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.