Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Empty page 58 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Non-Fiction Books » On The Trail of a Dead Man: The Identity of Jack the Ripper (Miles, 2003) » Empty page 58 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Louis van Dompselaar
Sergeant
Username: Etaoin

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Page 58 is completely blank in my copy, which I assume to be a printing error as the text is not continuous from 57 to 59. If this page is not empty in all copies, can someone scan it for me?

cheers
Louis

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 700
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Louis

Sorry to hear about the evidently faulty copy of the book you received. Perhaps that is the page in which the solution of the mystery is given? lol

Best regards

Chris

David Knott
Sergeant
Username: Dknott

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louis,

Blank in my copy, but I thought that the text was continuous from page 57 to 59??

...the frustrated authorities struggled to discover the elusive [gap] Ripper's true identity before he could strike again...

David

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 952
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Page 58 is completely blank in my copy....

I wish that had happend to every single page in my copy of Cornwells book !

Monty
:-)

Our little group has always been and always will until the end...

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 701
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Monty

You didn't get the copy of Cornwell's book printed by Walter Sickert in invisible ink, then? blush

All the best

Chris duck

Louis van Dompselaar
Sergeant
Username: Etaoin

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

David,

Yes, I guess you're right, it does appear to be continuous after all. Odd. Maybe it was the blank page that made it appear not to be, at first.
Or maybe it's just pure luck that it makes sense even with a complete page missing.
Whatever, it's not all that important, and it appears to be common across all prints.

Louis

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.