Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Sgt george godley Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Police Officials » Godley, Detective Sergeant George » Sgt george godley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello my name is jackie i am the great great niece of sgt george godley who worked along side inspector fredrick abberline on the jack the ripper case i find all the comments that have been made over the years very intresting but not very conclusive }

Glenn L Andersson
Inspector
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for posting and I must say you have interesting relations.

By the way, how do you mean "not very conclusive"? Can you elaborate?

All the best
Glenn L Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Andrew Spallek
Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 185
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And Jackie,

You have an intersting name for a relation of one who tried to find "Jack."

I don't suppose you know of any "family history" regarding the suspicions of your great great uncle and his partner.

Andy

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello andrew i am hoping to see some older members of my family to try and find out some more info about george and frederick abberline as soon as i have anything i will let you know and as for my unusual name i inherited from my husband who was a mauritian

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this message is for Andrew Spallek hello andy Ive just been speaking to an old aunt i asked her if she knew any thing more about George she was unable to help she said the family split when my granmother was a small girl after the death of her mother . the godleys were a large family that i know for i am researching the family tree george had children of his own im surprised that none of his ofspring have not hooked up with this website perhaps they dont have this morbid fasination with jack the ripper Ive been reading Portrait of a killer by Patricia Cornwell she has intresting theorys as to who the ripper was have you read the book i must go now its 7 10 pm here in england sorry i cant bee more helpful cherrio jackie

jane susan cox
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 6:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to jackie oozageer, My gr ,gr,grandfather john helson was direct cousin to joseph henry helson who worked along side abberline and george , could you reply to my email address below as I have other info I can pass on regarding george godley, regards jane cox.

Andrew Spallek
Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 267
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for checking, Jackie, and for taking the time to reply!!!

Andy S.

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 3:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello jane thank you for getting in touch love to here any info you have on george again thank you jackie oozageer

jane susan cox
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 3:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi jackie , could you you reply to me privately, rgards jane

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 3:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just a bit of trivia did you know that george has a very famous nephew his name is sidney frank godley V.C he was the first ever private in the first world war to win the Victoria Cross for heroism at the battle of the Mons

bronwen godley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jackie,
I have arrived at this page by chance. Our side of the Godley's think that George may have spent time in Sheffield (Yorkshire)and had a sucessfull career. Would you be able to clarify as there is a long period between retirement and death.
Many thanks

Bronwen Godley

Michelle Ellender
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

Am charting the family tree and Jackie directed me to this page; there are some very interesting comments being put forward; unlike some I like the conspiracy theories! nothing like a bit of scandel to keep things foremost in the minds of the general public! as well as this is probably one of the most televised/filmed unsolved crimes that you could get, with still no new theories evolving just re-working of the old ones. Pity that forensic science wasn't about then! I wonder whether or not the result would have been interesting, but i tend to believe that it was a local person who could blend in without being noticed too much. still i've yet to research all the material, so like a typical female could change my mind! To Bronwen; i do have some information, but have to find my paperwork, (computer crashed some time ago, which meant info was lost) so will try and update shortly.

Regards

Michelle

Michelle Ellender
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

Am charting the family tree and Jackie directed me to this page; there are some very interesting comments being put forward; unlike some I like the conspiracy theories! nothing like a bit of scandel to keep things foremost in the minds of the general public! as well as this is probably one of the most televised/filmed unsolved crimes that you could get, with still no new theories evolving just re-working of the old ones. Pity that forensic science wasn't about then! I wonder whether or not the result would have been interesting, but i tend to believe that it was a local person who could blend in without being noticed too much. still i've yet to research all the material, so like a typical female could change my mind! To Bronwen; i do have some information, but have to find my paperwork, (computer crashed some time ago, which meant info was lost) so will try and update shortly.

Regards

Michelle

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Bronwen How lovely to here from you I did not know George had connections with Yorkshire if you wish to get in touch with me if you go to the above message and click on my name you should beable to send me an e-mail directly to me not via this casebook do take care best wishes Jackie

Laura Jean Godley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My name is Laura Godley. My father is David Cecil Godley. He is the spitting Image of George. They are infact related but I do not know what the lineage is. nice to meet you all.

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3319
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Laura Jean,

Interesting. Welcome indeed.

All the best
G. Andersson, author/crime historian
Sweden

The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

jackie Oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Laura Jean Welcome to the fold its nice to hear from a family member it seemsthat we are scattered all over Englandif you are intrested in the family tree do not hesitate to get in touch with Michelle Ellender my niece whom is tracing the family she has gone back as far as the 1600 and still searching I would like it if you e-mailed me there are lots i would like to ask joozageer@hotmail.com love to hear from you Jackie

AmateurSleuth
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 9:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're going to hate me, but George Godley was born in 1857, not 1856. I just respect accuracy, that's all.

P.S. I'm a virgo(perfectionist)

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 441
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 6:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear As,

"You're going to hate me, but George Godley was born in 1857, not 1856. I just respect accuracy, that's all.

P.S. I'm a virgo(perfectionist)"

Well you got part of that right - guess which part?

Bob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3374
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 7:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a Gemini and that says a lot!.
You're a Taurean Bob aren't you...........

Have just checked Godley and 1857 is correct here

Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.