Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Any details Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Hutchinson, George (American) » Any details « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

carl burrows
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 6:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I'm a relative newcomer to ripperology,and I'm totally fascinated by the case.I have watched the usual films and a documentary on the history channel and also managed to read the final solution from the library.I was in my local bookstore(Waterstones) looking at what other books were available,of which there were several, and I noticed a publication where the author concluded his main suspect to be possibly Hutchinson!
I was wondering what information is available on him as he is'nt mention much on this site.
I'll probably buy the book in due course,but I want others first such as JTR by Phillip Sugden.
What I find so interesting is authors and experts alike spend so much time researching yet all come to different conclusions.The most brilliant scriptwriter in hollywood could never come close to matching the real life intrigue the case holds.
Not that JTR artform should be celebrated but the mystery is ever powerful. I must admit I've changed my mind about 3 times,the information available ultimatly influences one's conclusions.

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 367
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Garl

The Hutchinson you would be looking for is listed under, Hutchinson, George (British) You will find plenty of information under this name.

You probably picked up Bob Hinton's book, "FROM HELL," which is well worth reading. You will recall from the "FINAL SOLUTION" and the documentory that Hutchinson was behaving rather strangely on the night Mary Kelly was murdered.

I would advise you not to put too much credence in Mr. Knight's "FINAL SOLUTION."

All The Best
Gary

Dan Norder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For a free book on Hutchinson as a suspect, see Garry Wroe's ebook here on this site:
http://www.casebook.org/ripper_media/book_reviews/non-fiction/garrywroe.html

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.