Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Severin Klosowski in IPN Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Klosowski, Severin (a.k.a. George Chapman) » Severin Klosowski in IPN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neal Shelden
Sergeant
Username: Neal

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some of the Illustrations of the Klosowski/Chapman case in The Illustrated Police News 100 years ago.SK in IPNSK2 in IPN

Neal Shelden
Sergeant

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And when he faced the noose.
SK3 in IPNSK4 in IPN

David O'Flaherty
Detective Sergeant
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Neal

In the panel labeled "The Last Interview", just above this post, do you know who the family is speaking with Chapman?

Cheers,
Dave

Neal Shelden
Sergeant

Post Number: 42
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dave,
I have a strong feeling that the family was Lucy Klosowski (formerly Baderski), her man friend that she married soon afterwards, and little Cecilia Klosowski, Severin's daughter.
If you look at the 1st one at the top there is a drawing of Lucy Klosowski (called The first Mrs Chapman) in between Mrs Marsh and Jesse Toon. She has the same hat and fur round her neck as the woman talking to Klosowski.
I believe I may have read in Andy Parlour's book, that featured a picture of Cecilia, that a story had been passed down that Cecilia visited her father in prison?

All the best
Neal

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Guy's

Not sure where to make this post but hoping someone can help me. BBC Radio London had an interveiw with a man working at the Pleasure Unit 395 Bethnal Green Road. You can check the full story on their website.

He claims to have done an interveiw with an elderly lady who claims that her mother informed her that Jack the Ripper once lived at this address, his name being Sam Chapman. He then explored the atic at the club and found a leather bag contained magazines documents marked 1898. The bag had the entials S.C. which he claims are for Sam Chapman.

It occured to me that the only Chapman, apart from Annie, conected to the case was George Chapman. Who's christain name was Severin. Possibly S.C.

Does anyone know if George Chapman had any conection to 395 Bethnal Green road? Is it possible that there is some truth that has gotten mixed up, or is their a suspect called Sam Chapman I'm unaware of? Full story currently on the Pleasure Unit website by a chap called nick. I beleive that the pleasure unit is some sought of venue for bands today.

Any thoughts would be of interest as I'm always looking for cretible artefacts relating to ripper suspects.

Cheers Jeff

Chloe Z
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey ppls-
I'm reading a book about psychologically profiling crimes. There is a section on Jack the Ripper that claims George Chapman, a.k.a. Severin Klosowski, shouted out "I am Jack..." just when he was about to 'swing from the gallows'. (Which was of course, for poisoning his wives.) Is there any other source that makes this claim? I'm writing a paper on him for a class, and it would be really helpful is someone could possibly verify this happening. Thanks!

Zarakin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That was Neal Cream that shouted "I'm Jack" as he was hung for poisoning.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.