Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Druitt, Haskett-Smith connection Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Druitt, Montague John » Druitt, Haskett-Smith connection « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Crawford
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Upon looking for info on relatives Haskett-Smiths, I found this web sight linking Algernon Haskett-Smith and Druitt at 9 king's Bench address. His niece,my grandmother, told me Algernon was killed by a gun shot wound while cleaning his gun but also stated it could have been suicide or worse.Algernon was only 31 and an avid cricket player at Oxford, seems weird that an educated man could make a mistake while cleaning his weapon. I also found out according to Nov 4,1884 publication Druitt was listed wirh W.P. Haskett-Smith for Inn's Court notification. W.P. was an avid rock climber.See internet. He was an Oxford grad. where Druitt also atended. Walter stated in an interview that he knew of a gentleman who could scale buildings and scramble up slate roofs like a cat.May this have been Druitt,maybe this is how he went undetected by police and witnesses!!! Needless to say if Druitt was a rock climber he would also have the arm and hand strenght to strangle as well as to climb. I also found it ironic that Druitt had rocks in his pocketwhen he drowned or whatever.Is there any indication what kind of rocks they were? From what area they were from etc.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.