Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Seaside Home Illustrations Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Kosminski, Aaron » Seaside Home Illustrations « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matfelon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

A QUESTION:These illustrations are definitely showing the idendification that took place at the seaside home and since I couldn't find them in any of my own books, I thought that maybe someone else can tell me where they're coming from and if they are genuine/contemporary.

hugs and kisses from Denmark :-)

The Seaside Home:

Seaside Home

Seaside Home

The Identification:

Identification

Swanson, Unknown Witness, Anderson:

Swanson, Anderson & Witness

The Kosminski Suspect?:

Kosminski

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2433
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry but the Seaside Home had eighteen sections of glass in the window shown as upper floor right, not sixteen.
This looks like Sherlock and Dr Watson on opium pipes fingering the dreaded Moriaty.
That is quite a fearful image.
But good fun... if you drink brandy.

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 353
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 7:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am I right in thinking the police belt had an 'S' buckle?

One side had an eyelet and the other had a metal hook shaped like a letter s.

Bob Hinton

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 856
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Matfelon,

It seems odd to be posting images and then asking us where they came from. Shouldn't we be asking you where you got them from?

There's nothing about them that really implicates that they are supposed to represent the alleged Seaside Home identification, and considering that it wasn't public knowledge anyway I don't see how these could be legit.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 864
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't remember where I saw these before,but I have. I'm pretty certain that they are on some individual's website in regard to the suspect identification at The Seaside Home..

That brandy must be pretty good tonight,A.P. dear...there's only 12 panes on the upper right hand floor window. Don't bogart that bottle...pass it over here please !

Matfelon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aloha,

I'm sorry. I thought the images where already known, even to experienced ripperologists like Mr. Norder.

Mr. Brown, I bet you saw them on the 1988 US-Television special hosted by Peter Ustinov.

Chapter 16: The unknown suspect

These are SCREEN CAPTURES. I didn't wrote that before, 'cause as I mentioned above, I thought they where already known. Sorry about that...

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 859
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Matfelon,

Oh, from a television show. Nope, I don't think I've seen any of those, other than a bit of Patricia Cornwell's Dateline NBC interview. I've yet to get through all the books that are out there, and TV documentaries are rather low on my priority list.

In that case they almost have to have been created especially for the program. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have already been thoroughly discussed and dissected otherwise.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Bob Hinton
Inspector

Post Number: 354
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 4:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Matfelon taking the p**s?

I mean gor blimy guvnor, I can't believe he wrote:
These are SCREEN CAPTURES. I didn't wrote that before, 'cause as I mentioned above, I thought they where already known. Sorry about that...

Sounds like one of those Ripper letters deliberately mis-spelled so as to give the impression of ignorance, yet with the punctuation and contractions just perfect!

Matfelon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr. Hinton,

We make exceptions for non-native speakers of English when it comes to grammar.

What have I done, that this is not valid for me?

By the way, I've just asked if anybody knows where these images are from. Does Mr. Hinton know it?

Bob Hinton
Inspector

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what I was pointing out was that your English was perfect apart from what appeared to be deliberate mis-spellings - similar to what was in the Dear Boss letter.

I've no idea where they came from but looking at them they appear to be modern drawings. They are to poor to be the work of a professional artist and as I said the uniforms of the poilce officers seem to be incorrect.

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 883
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Matfelon:

Yep,thats where I saw them.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 4:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bob,

Matfelon is from Denmark.

What's your excuse?

They are to poor...

too poor, Bob, too poor.

Love,

Caz
X

Bob Hinton
Inspector

Post Number: 365
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 9:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Caz,

That's called a typo!

Bob

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm glad to hear it, Bob.

To many people make the same mistake - whoops!

Love,

Caz
X

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.