Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

What does Barnett look like? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Barnett, Joseph » What does Barnett look like? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kym
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I find Joseph Barnett more interesting than all of the other suspects put together.He is the number one suspect in my book, even though Ive just started at this. I am very curious to know what he looks like though as I cant get a hold of any of the books about him.

If anyone has a picture or drawing of Barnett, could they post it here to help me. Thanks alot.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Kym,

Have you looked at the drawing under 'Suspects' in the column on the left?
Unfortunately there are no photographs of him.

LEANNE

Kym
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Leanne,
I did have a look at that sketch on the suspects. It didnt help me out much though, which is why I posted the message.I cant make out any distinct facial features at all. It is a very rough drawing of him. If you know, Leanne, of a better drawing of him, could you post it here, or just tell me where to find it. Thanks for your help.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1761
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 8:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Kim,

Here's another sketch of Joesph Barnett that appeared in Bruce Paley's book: 'The Simple Truth'. Its from the 'Pictorial News' November 17.
JOE

Phil Hill
Police Constable
Username: Phil

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 1:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So WHY are you so convinced about Barnett, Kym? What drew you to that conclusion?

Phil

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1762
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 5:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Here's a cartoon I once did of Joe Barnett. I can't think of a suitable caption.

Carolyn
Detective Sergeant
Username: Carolyn

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 3:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leanne,

How about:

"Now where did I leave that damn pipe."

Cheers,
Carolyn

Kym
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Phil,

It was just simple mathematics.There was no bias in my conclusion and I certainly didnt listen to anyone elses oppinion.I just think there is more interesting material on him. I dont believe in James Maybrick's diary, there seems to be really nothing on the case for Druitt,Kosminski,Sickert, or Gull for that matter.Just a lot of hot air.
With Barnett, we have a real motive and he knew 2 or more of the victims.The article I read on here really puts him in the frame with some real points and not just hot air. I like all of these ones:
1.His residence is perfectly situated in relation to the prostitues and murders.
2. It could have been his adress on Chapman's envelope.
3. The murders seem to commence when he lost his well paid job in July, forcing the woman he loved have sex with other men.
4. The murderer had some fixation with the name 'Mary ann' - it comes up 4 times in the victims list.I think whoever the killer was wanted to scare the pants off woman named Mary Anne.
5.He has a violent fight which ends in a broken window and him being evicted.Days later Kelly just happens to be slain. Coincidence?
6.He left his pipe in her room on the night she was killed.
7.He had the only key to the room on Nov9th.The landlord had the other, and it wasnt the landlord who killed her.Who locked the door?
8. He is the only suspect who consistantly matches witness acounts.If he wasnt the ripper - it sure was someone who looked like Joseph Barnett.
He appears to be an ideal suspect in my mind, and I am trying to find out more about him.

Leanne: thanks for those pictures.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1770
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 3:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Good one Carolyn! LEANNE

Kym
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 3:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'DAY LEANNE
With a bit of help from my boyfriend, we have thought of a possible caption for your cartoon of Joseph.

" ORANGES, GET YOUR FREASH ORANGES HERE FROM JOSEPH. THEY ARE SO GOOD, THEY WOULD BRING A SMILE TO JACK THE RIPPER'S FACE - HA HA".

PS - what's with Joseph being fired as a fish porter. Is this fact or a myth.If it is true, than at least we have one solid point. Joseph Barnett is a criminal - a good starting mark for any suspect.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.