Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

WHERE IS JOE BARNET BURIED Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Barnett, Joseph » WHERE IS JOE BARNET BURIED « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

OLIVER SACHER
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE JOE BARNET IS BURIED AND HAVE A PICTURE OF HIS GRAVE

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Oliver,

Joseph Barnett died in 1926 at the age of 68. The cause of his death was oedema of the lungs and bronchitis. His last known address was 106 Red Lion Street, Shadwell.

LEANNE

Ralph Littlebum
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 7:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy Oliver and Leanne,

Could you be grand enuogh to answer this humble question I have on this new topic.What, in Gods name, would knowing the location and picture of Joseph Barnett's Tombstone mean in relation to him being a suspect. Are you suggesting something relevant to the case can be accertained by it's location.?

DK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I was wondering if Joe ever had another partener after Kelly.Was he ever convicted of any offense in his lifetime? Thanks DK.

DK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could some one who knows help me here? I am wondering what the exact adress of Barnett was at the time of the murders, when he was not with Kelly. Also I am looking for his exact birth date. Thankyou.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day DK,

Author Bruce Paley, who studied Joseph Barnett for something like 13 years, gives his date of birth as the 25th of May 1858. He was born at Hairbrain Court which was 100 yards from the Royal Mint, which was adjacent to the Tower of London and just north of London docks.

At the time of the murders he was lodging at 'Buller's Lodging House' near St. Katherine Docks, on the corner of New Street and Bishopsgate Street. He visited Mary Kelly every day.

LEANNE

Donald Souden
Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 495
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ralph,

I'm not a Barnett-dunit partisan, but he is a serious suspect and since there is some question about his life after the Kelly murder I would think that absolutely locating his grave might provide some information about that period in his life.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.