Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Question from newbie Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Maybrick, James » The Diary Controversy » Question from newbie « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liam Ferris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I've recently read a couple of books about the Maybrick diary. I really don't know whether to believe it's genuine or not. My question is - what are the main reasons that people think it's a hoax? (apart from the obvious reason that it seems a bit incredible that such a book exists).
Is their scientific proof it's a fake?

I don't doubt this has all been discussed many times before but I could do with a few pointers as I've become really curious about the diary.

thanks
Liam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MF
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where's John Omler when you need him?
With a name like yours, Mr. Ferris, I thought for sure he'd welcome you to Diary World.
What I'd like to know is how the Diary subverts Ripperology? Weren't all the suspects pretty much eliminated in the 80s when Prince Eddy was found out to be at Sandringham and Monty was proven to be playing cricket somewhere?...Give me a break!...Give me a real suspect!...
The Diary muddies the field of Ripperology as much as Mark Hoffman's Mormon fake mucks up Mormonology. I don't think even John would say that....The guy who supposedly faked the ossuary of Jesus' brother knows more than half of Christendom.
I just read my first book on an European serial killer. Andrei Chikatilo. Profile:
Over 40
Advanced degree in literature
John? Is this Freudian?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.