Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Joseph Sickert - HRH Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Royal Conspiracies » Joseph Sickert - HRH « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was looking up some numbers (unrelated to Jack!!!) in the online UK phone book, when I put Sickert's name to see just how many, if any, there were.
I know Joseph S sadly died last year but his number is still listed (I know it's his cos I knew the address) and I was amazed at how the subscriber's name (i.e. Joseph) was listed in the directory.

HRH J.W Sickert

I'd be interested to know when Joseph actually adopted a royal title (HRH = His Royal Highness)and in what other contexts he used it.
Obviously I will not give the number or address here but I'd be interested to know if anyone else is aware of any other public use that Joseph made of his "Royal" title.
Chris

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1080
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems that RBoS (Royal bank of Scotland) agreed to Joseph having the HRH title on his cheques.
I found this at:
http://clublet.com/c/c/why?RecentChanges
where there are quite a few Ripper/Sickert rlated threads that are worth a read
Chris

Richard Drake
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://clublet.com/why?JosephSickert is probably the best place to start. The RBoS detail was something I learnt on the telephone from Joe the one time I spoke to him, through a mutual friend, as discussed in http://clublet.com/why?NoChequeBookInSight. Others on Why Clublet disputed, quite reasonably, how far this takes you in assessing Joe's story. There's plenty of dispute about it all from a couple of years ago in about twenty pages.

I am happy to open up the editing of the Why forum to a few people interested in this topic, at least for a while. As host I don't want it to become the only subject on Why forever. But it is an interesting story and the evidential side is also pretty enlightening for our other concerns. Hit the "Edit" button on any page or email me to apply to join in.

I have no idea who, if anybody, will read this, given that the last post was in March. But thanks for reading!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.