Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The importance of a circumferential s... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Mary Jane Kelly » The Second Kelly Photograph » The importance of a circumferential slice « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 30, 2003Saddam Hussein The D25 4-30-03  9:29 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Brian Nunweek
Detective Sergeant
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys,
First of all , I am no sick pervert, that I need to clarify, My name is Richard [a male].
To suggest Jim, that men are excited by the pictures of Kelly in some perverted way is to use a recent word on these boards HOGWASH.
It is true that they may be a tiny minority of sick individuals that view these boards that may have sordid minds, but the vast repeat vast majority of people are I would trust decent, honest,and genuine people, that have a healthy fascination for this subject, and are simply analyzing photographs in order to spot clues to the possible identity of the perpretator of this crimes.
I think your post is insulting, and although I welcome free speech,I would have rather you phrased your post in a more tactful way, for to attack peoples gender, and to make suggestions in the way you have is simply out of order.
Richard.

Marie Finlay
Inspector
Username: Marie

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim DiPalma, excellent post. Five stars.

Marie Finlay
Inspector
Username: Marie

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard: I'm not sure if I misunderstood your post.

To clarify, it was the poster calling themselves 'noneof yourbeeswax', who was calling anyone interested in this case "perverts".

Mr Jim DiPalma was kindly setting them straight for us.

Zkot
Sergeant
Username: Humanvulture

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps the poster called 'noneofyourbeeswax' has written a book called Portrait Of A Killer.

After all, we're also "a bunch of ghouls", remember?

ooooh spoooky...

Jim- a most excellent post indeed, sir. Ten bells, er, five stars.

Cheers,
Scott (with a Z)

"And I will show you something different from either your shadow at morning striding behind you or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust." -T.S. Eliot

Richard Brian Nunweek
Detective Sergeant
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 134
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 4:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My apologies Jim,
When reading your post, i am afraid I was on a different wave length, I was interputing the remarks as from your points of view, not ' Noneof yourbeeswax'my sincere apologies for my ignorance.
My post is therefore directed to that person
Regards Richard.

Maura
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear noneofyourbeeswax,

Gee, first I find out I'm a pervert, and then what's worse is...I'm a female pervert.

Gadzooks...hand me the exacto blade for my wrist auto-slashing!

Now I knew I was a paranoid schizoprenic and a victim of pathetic fallacy and phallic envy, but had not known about my other most ignominious latent tendencies...so thank you profusely noneof yourbeeswax, for this erudite diagnosis.

It's so much easier to come here, than to go to the free clinic, where they might find out I have Neurolues, and am related to Nietszche [but only by parthenogenesis which ultimately leads to pathogenesis to be sure].

Now I must say, with no abject apologies that I do love day-glo colors and have ever since I first saw them in my super duper 64 count Crayola box with the self sharpener in the back [my crayon is sharp and I'll get to work again real soon!] so I'll not apologize for that perverse predilection.

I will ask noneofyourbeeswax to tone down the vile language though, in his/her next procedural diagnostic post, as the "p" word [p_ssed] is in bad taste in any language, including even the most illogically ranting Esperanto.

Much appreciation, noneof yourbeeswax and by the way, are you related to Major Frank Burns of MASH fame?

Clement Unger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 9:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Re: viewing the photo of Mary Kellys mutilated body as being perverted. Look at any newspaper printed today, gory photos sell newspapers, fact. The fascination of such photograph's appeal to all of us.

By the way the folded whatever lying on the bedside table, could it be one of those canvas knife holders the type that holds several knives in slots and then is folded up and tied with a string, the type a butcher would use? Wasn't one of the suspects seen by a policeman carrying a similar object?

Tommy Simpson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 9:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jack wouldn't have left his knife holder there would he, if it was left there wouldn't the police have taken it away before the picture was taken?

Gary Weatherhead
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maura

I was reading through old posts and I must have missed this discussion while I was away for a while earlier in May. Don't take that garbage personally.

Perversion and sickness is in the eye of the beholder.

People should have the guts to put their names on posts whther they be derisive or not.

Take Care
Gary

Gary Weatherhead
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 9:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

P.S.

Jim's post had all the makings of an excellent cross examination.

Gary

Maura
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Gary!

I take nothing seriously, but I appreciate your concern.

Well I do take death and taxes seriously...but really only taxes is frightening.

I enjoy reading the rantings of fringe online people as dealing with derangement and facing it daily, prepares me for dealing with any sociopath like a Jack imitator if I ever have to save my life at the sharp end of a knife, so I rather enjoyed reading the hyperbole over the Kelly photograph.

One can only hope that noneofyourbeeswax will next work on removing the tasteless and untalented Britney [obviously her parents never travelled to Brittany] Spears from the public agenda, who is more of an eyesore than any photos of poor Mary Kelly.

Thanks again for your kindly response, Gary and glad you're back!

Robert Charles Linford
Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Maura

For heaven's sake don't bring in Brittany. I already get mixed up with Britney Houston and Whitney Spears. If you throw in Brittany...well, it's quite a litany.

Robert

Caroline Anne Morris
Detective Sergeant
Username: Caz

Post Number: 114
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 4:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...not to mention a cacophony.

Love,

Caz

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Police Constable
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All

Maura, thanks for the response. I have read your posts and know you can more than take care of yourself. It just irks me that someone will post something which is vindictive and insulting to a group of people or even the vast majority of Casebook readers and hide behind an alias. Many people who don't give their true names on their posts contribute valuable thoughts and enjoyable posts. But there are always those exceptions...

Maybe I'm used to a courtroom setting where personal attacks on your opponent will not be tolerated under any circumstances. .

Caz
A cacophony indeed! As my 15 year old son said regarding Ms Spears "you aren't supposed to listen to her sing, you are just supposed to look at her"

Know we know.

Best Regards
Gary

Andrew Spallek
Sergeant
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And now..., back to the topic at hand.

Stephen, I think you may have indeed found a handprint, probably of the perp, in this photo.

I have always noticed the circumferential mark. To me it looks exactly like the mark around my calves at the end of the day when I take off my dress socks, though darker (deeper?). It is caused by the elastic band at the top. In a living person, this mark virtually disappears in a matter of minutes due to circulation of blood. In a dead corpse I presume the mark would remain indefinitely. Does anyone know if there were socks/stockings with elastic bands in 1888? In my opinion, it is much too straight to be an incision.

Andy

Robert Charles Linford
Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 298
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 5:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Andy

This came up earlier. There's a reference to it in the archive for this thread, but I'm sure I also remember a picture of a stocking and garter arrangement, with the stocking having a mottled pattern. I guess it's somewhere on one of the other Kelly threads.

Robert

Valerie S
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no mention of a circumferential mark in the very detailed post-mortem report. The only marks on her calves mentioned in this was one on her Left leg.
The left calf showed a long gash through skin and tissues to the deep muscles and reaching from the knee to five inches above the ankle. Both arms and forearms had extensive jagged wounds.

I think it's a garter.

What puzzles me is they said there appeared to be no struggle but wouldn't extensive jagged wounds on her forearms be considered at least an attempt at self-defense if not a struggle?

Valerie

Joe Dawson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it is a right-handprint, are any of the ripper suspects known to be left-handed or ambidextrous?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.