Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Self strangulation? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Rose Mylett » Self strangulation? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3091
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 7:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know I was talking official statistics when I thought about the idea that Rose could have strangled herself. Is this not I thought as we were dissing official statistics in my seminar last week, a classic case of how crime statistics cannot be seen as a fact. Now I would have brought this up, but I was thinking, I couldn’t actually remember what it eventually got recorded as.

I was also realising that I was assuming the idea she could have strangled herself was out there and not possible.

That’s almost a question

yo
"Don't you know it's true what they say,That life it ain't easy"

Jeff Leahy
Inspector
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 303
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Surely if she had strangled herself then the cord would still have been present? or are you just reafirming Dr Bonds idea that she had accidently choked on her stiff collar?

The same Dr Bond who thought it unlikely she had had children when she clearly had a son?

However one must agree with you that the lack of a second pair of foot prints was somewhat puzzling?

I guess the question that needs answering is...Is it possible for the suposed finger prints around the neck could have faded in the five day period between two examinations?

OY Jeff

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2772
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff
I posted this over on the Murder in the LVP thread recently:

(I have included this case after finding a report in The Times of December 29 which does appear to verify the fact that Mylett was murdered.)

That report - which I hadn't seen before - seems to confirm that Mylett was strangled by another person, something to do with the amount of blood found under the skin when it was removed.
Worth a look.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.