Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Was Mary Really A Widow Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Mary Jane Kelly » Was Mary Really A Widow « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Belinda Pearce
Sergeant
Username: Belinda

Post Number: 42
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 8:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a thought the other day (yes it does happen sometimes ;))What if Marys husband wasn't dead.She may have left him for whatever reason and told the story of him being killed.This came to me when I was wondering why she didn't marry the man who was so keen on her before she met Joseph Barnett.I also read that her father came to London looking for her at one point and she was terrified of being found.What if it wasn't her father but her husband

Gordon Bennett
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Belinda,

I think she might have been too fond of the falling down stuff.

Nigel.

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 8:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Belinda,

I thought this too as some point, however, I was thinking up the plot for a good fiction story at the time. It could be plausible though. Maybe he was violent towards her after a short time of marriage. Of course we don't really know if she was married at all.

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.