Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Striding in the wrong direction? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Elizabeth Stride » Striding in the wrong direction? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

extendedping
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

first let me first plead ignorance...i get all my info from ths site due to the fact that the 1 time i had a ripper book the pictures creeped me out so bad i had to get rid of it...so i'm sure this is covered somewhere (perhaps even on this site)....question is....i always read comments like "why was mr. broad shoulders pulling stride into the street" which i dont really think is that important anyway since i think the ripper was mostly lucky to have escaped capture on multiple occasions and not sly like many believe. but as to this point is it possible mr. broad shoulders (who i totally beleive to have been jack)was pulling stride to the other side of the street (opposite side from where she was eventually found) if perhaps there was an ally or something there and she was resisting? also is is possile that she was killed outside the jewish club because she was trying to get there for help but jack caught her before she could get in and just killed her where he caught her? thanks for listening would love some expert opinion...:-)}

Phil Hill
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

extendedping: A glance at one of the many maps - I think there are some on this site - will answer your question about what was on the opposite side of the street.

I personally do not believe that Liz Stride was killed by JtR. The balance, to me, is that Kidney killed her.

But if the idea that "gates" were somehow important either to the prostitute victims or to "Jack", then why leave Dutton's Yard?

On the other hand, given the known comings-and-goings from the yard, I would not have said that spot was a good one for a "spot of business" - at least, not at that hour.

I think Stride was struck down there, because that was where Kidney met her/encountered her. Her refusal to go back to him, perhaps fuelled by the existence of a new paramour (the velvet and her earlier assignations) so enraged her former lover that he slit her throat there and then.

extendedping - A plea. Is it possible for you to capitalise and punctuate your posts a little more grammatically? It surely requires only that you read them over. as it is, your train of thought is VERY difficult to follow. Sorry if i am being critical.

Phil

extendedping
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil reading my hastily written post I see exactly what you mean...I guess I should A) take a bit more time to shorten and neaten up my ideas or B) submit my subsequent postings on a wall in goulston street.
hmmm since I don't have neat schoolboy handwriting guess I'll have to proofread instead. BTW I totally agree so no offence taken.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.