Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

General Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » General « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stacy Roberts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new to this wonderful website and have found it enthralling.
I do have a question though:
Has anyone read the book "Jack the Ripper, A Psychic Investigation" wriiten by Pamela Ball?
I would be interested to know any of your thoughts on it please.
As i don't know as much as you lot do I would hate to take on board her version of events if you can prove they are incorrect.
Thank you.}

Alan Sharp
Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 443
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stacy

I have read it, and while I am not a believer in the whole psychic thing I have to say I found the book to be very well written. I personally did not spot any obvious inaccuracies in the book, but I would suggest you read Philip Sugden or Donald Rumbelow in conjunction to get a balanced view of the facts.

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 736
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stacey,

Like Alan, I read Pamelas book. Dont believe in it either but did enjoy it. Made a change from the heavy stuff.

Im all for different views !!

Monty
:-)

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 676
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stacey,
I also have read it, and found it intriquing, especially, as she came to the conclusion that Barnett murdered kelly, those on the casebook, are more then aware, that two of their long timers, are writting a book, about him.
Richard.

Stacy Roberts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 5:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot for your input.
I am hoping to become a registered user soon so you may be hearing from me more often!
I can only hope that I am able to offer some pearls of wisdom!

Caroline Anne Morris
Chief Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 737
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 4:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stacy,

I have also read Pam Ball’s book and, like Richard, found it intriguing, but not because of her conclusions. I don’t think there is any substitute for worldly evidence, or lack of it, but that is only a personal view.

Yes, Richard, we are indeed more than aware that you and Leanne are writing a book about Joe Barnett.

Any idea when it will be available? Have you approached any prospective publishers yet?

Love,

Caz

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 556
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stacy
Have just come across this thread. Sorry to be late...have got a note though.....
Yes,I've read the Pam Ball book too... ok it's another look from another angle , one of the things I can say in it's favour is that it's got some good pictures in it though!!! Quite well written on the whole but the psychic angle worries me a tad,and to be honest the astrological charts are slightly guilding the lilly I think..I got a bit lost there.but good photos on the whole!!sorry Pam,but naff map!!!.on the whole enjoyed it!!!
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 557
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stacy
Have just come across this thread. Sorry to be late...have got a note though.....
Yes,I've read the Pam Ball book too... ok it's another look from another angle , one of the things I can say in it's favour is that it's got some good pictures in it though!!! Quite well written on the whole but the psychic angle worries me a tad,and to be honest the astrological charts are slightly guilding the lilly I think..I got a bit lost there.but good photos on the whole!!sorry Pam,but naff map!!!.on the whole enjoyed it!!!
Suzi

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Chief Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 530
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stacy

I found the book rather frustrating in that whenever something tangible or evidential was about to be produced by the medium, they would cut off the reading because the medium sensed an evil presence.

I too am anxious to know when the book mentioned above will be coming out. I believe we first started reading about it on the boards last summer.

All The Best
Gary

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.