Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Net translator! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Net translator! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Scott
Chief Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 894
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found a fairly recent Spanish language article about Jack and, out of curiosity and see if they had improved any, I clicked on the "translate this page" button. The result was very enlightening - the opening two paragraphs below will illustrate this:-)))

Jack the Ripper. In 1888 well the phenomenal discovery of the luminous light bulb of Tomás Alva had still not been fomented in London Edison. In the suburbs the macabre dark reigned, average disguised by the tenuous lights of the candles that showed by the large windows of the houses of pimping in the East End. The men, women and children took a miserable existence and survived robbing and degrading themselves. Prostitutas offered their dirty sex by a bottle of gin and miserable pennies. What great reason for Jack the ripper to take revenge?la death of its son, because of some of those meretrices.
Mary Ann Nicholls was seduced by a high and pale man, of black moustache, that degolló and soon clipped its body to him. It was Friday 31 of August of 1888. In the course of the seventh day Annie Chapman, a ramera of 47 years was offered to lie down with that personage by two pounds. An employee of the market of Spitalfield found the body of the woman in a patio of a house of the Hanbury street. Their jewels and currencies were scattered between the horrifying rest of the gutted woman.

I trust that is all perfectly clear!!!
Chris

Michael Raney
Detective Sergeant
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris!

I am laughing way too hard. I have no idea what that says..... i mean, I know the story it is trying to convey, but It ain't working.

Thanks so much for the laugh!

Mikey

Chris Scott
Chief Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 897
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mikey
As you enjoyed so much - her is the rest - be warned:-)

Whitechapel, that quarter, no longer slept neither at night nor by day. Everybody saw in its neighbor the sadist who took two filosos knives in a bulk of black color. The ripper was a left-handed person who had great knowledge of surgery.
The 30 of September a badly oliente breeze whipped from the Thames river and the night was drawn phantasmagoric. The ripper strained itself by the dark streets and carves up to two codiciosas women disolutas. The assassin I leave a track in fled his, in the Berner street, number 40, was found mujerzuela Long Liz Stride throwing blood to borbollones by the throat. To blocks of distance of the Mitre seat the dismantled body of the desventurada Kate Eddowes lay wildly.
The 9 of Jack November act again. That cortesana one was young, beautiful and blond, of name Mary Kelly. ' Finally I give with you... damn vixen, you ruined the life of my son, who was going to be the best doctor of England. You enamored it, and to the knowledge he on your life of obscene woman, in a while of suicidal desperation ' '. To the following morning the collector of hostería Henry Bowers found the body of Mary in the room of her totally dismantled.
The criminologists thought that they were eleven murders, although the five were only verified last. There were other conjectures on the ripper, apparently was Montague lawyer John, ally with his cousin the doctor Lionel Druitt, who had a clinic of surgery in Whitechapel Minories, to ten minutes of where found the bodies of the two destroyed women.
In addition they suspected a Pole, named Kosmanski, who hated the girls. A Russian medico, denominated Michael Ostrog. And Edward, the Duke of Clarence, son of king Eduardo VII, was equally suspicious, because she was a visitor of brothels and it died to the 28 years, after the murders happened.
The 31 of December of 1888, Montague John Druitt was found floating swollen in the Thames river. The inspector Robert Sagar, assured, years later, that the homicida one was unbalancing, that was committed in manicomio. By their confinement the deaths stopped. And one commented of another suspect, who fleeing from one chusma hid in a cellar, the hollow of a manual elevator, and brutally dies squashed when descending the apparatus. The shout of horror of the?destripador? it was heard in Whitechapel, in the East End.
But never it was known accurately who was.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris

Thanks for putting this priceless stuff on the Boards.

The last bit about being crushed by an elevator is actually from a film, isn't it - the one with John Le Mesurier?

Robert

Julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My favorite part is the last bit: "But never it was known accurately who was." I think that should be the Casebook's official motto!

Thanks, Chris, for the translation.

Julia

Donald Souden
Detective Sergeant
Username: Supe

Post Number: 148
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Julia,

Sad to say, but you may be on to something with your motto suggestion. But never it was known accurately who was -- and that's enough words.

Don.

Caroline Anne Morris
Chief Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 738
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,

Now my daughter and I have dried our eyes and changed our drawers, I am wondering if this little masterpiece of techno-translation is going to set the standard for literacy on the boards. I’ve seen worse.

And we can only benefit from learning new vocab such as borbollones. It certainly beats the hell out of much of the borbollones I write.

Love,

Caz

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 662
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Caz..............just found this...........cant beat a bit of borbollones I say!
Tee hee
How's you ??!!Suzi x

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.