Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Millers Court Graffito Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Millers Court Graffito « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

D.Neal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

I would like to ask if anyone is aware of any books or newspaper articles which make reference to there being any graffito supposedly written by 'Jack' on the interior walls of Millers Court.

I would specifically like to know if there has ever been any reference to the message "You'll never catch me" written in blood on one of the walls.

Regards

D.Neal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 575
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello D. Neal:

This is new to me. It's not clear if you mean that the inscription in blood was on a wall in the court itself or in the room at 13 Miller's Court. Can you clarify?

Since this is not a story that is well known, I would doubt it. Bowyer, landlord John McCarthy's rent man, did not know anything about the murder before put his hand through the broken window to move the curtain aside to see inside the room, so it is unlikely that such an inscription in blood was on a wall in the court. If it had been in the room itself, it would have been remarked upon by one or more of the people on the spot, even if only in police memoranda.

All the best

Chris

(Message edited by ChrisG on February 04, 2004)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.