Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Stand up and be counted Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Stand up and be counted « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 14, 2004Jeff Hamm25 1-14-04  3:56 pm
Archive through January 16, 2004CB25 1-16-04  2:53 pm
Archive through January 19, 2004CB25 1-19-04  12:10 am
Archive through February 14, 2004Carl Burrows 25 2-14-04  1:05 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 682
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your wishes , I also agree that I Doubt if the whitechapel murderer fled to the U.S,
I would be surprised if the culprit had the funds to escape whitechapel.
Regards Richard.

Andrew Spallek
Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn,

You make a good point about witness descriptions. Yet I tend to give more credence when a number of them agree in principal.

Regarding Druitt's cricket escapades, I don't remember the exact details. But I do recall for certain that it was indeed physically possible -- give railway schedules of the period -- for him to have committed the murders in the early hours of the morning and still make it to the match in time. But he would have had to go without sleep and be in frame of mind to play. Perhaps not terribly plausible, but certainly possible.

As to Abberline, while he wouldn't have known what we know today about criminal psychology, he would certainly have known how common or uncommon it was for a slasher to turn poisoner or vice-versa.

Andy S.

Chris Michetti
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,

He wouldn't need funds if he was a sailor on a cattle ship that traveled to and from London... which is precisely what La Bruckman did for a living. He worked on a cattle boat, and hisboats were very possibly docked in London on nights of 5 of the Ripper killings.

Chris

Joseph Paul Jackson
Police Constable
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even though I stated earlier that LaBruckman was an intriguing suspect, why would he or his buddy leave a murder weapon at the scene? I just cant get past that point. That fact, in itself, is not very "saucy Jacky" like.

Paul

Chris Michetti
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Joseph,

I must have missed that... I wasn't aware that anything (let alone the murder weapon) was left at the scene of the Carrie Brown murder, save for an ovary!

Chris

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 541
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard
Cant help but agree with you here.. re the money to 'escape' back the good old USA....unless.he was a toff of course,who could have done that out of his loose change!!! ...wish I could!......Good luck with book..details please
all best suzi

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Andy,

"You make a good point about witness descriptions. Yet I tend to give more credence when a number of them agree in principal."

So do I. And many of them do fit Druitt, but then again, they fit a number of male characters. La Bruckman, for example.

I agree on your thoughts regarding Druitt's cricket games. There seem to have been possibilities, in a practical sense. However, as you imply, there are mental factors to consider here as well.

"As to Abberline, while he wouldn't have known what we know today about criminal psychology, he would certainly have known how common or uncommon it was for a slasher to turn poisoner or vice-versa."

No, Andy, I would hardly think so. I believe the knowledge of these matters were quite microscopical at the time. Hardly any police officer would make such a suggestion today.

All the best
Glenn L Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Bullwinkle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1. The Whchpl. Murderer killed six and six only: Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddowes and Kelly. The reason why the Tabram crime scene differed from the rest is probably because he killed her rather on impulse, and hadn't yet thought a lot about how he'd like to mutilate the women.

2. You've all heard his name, but it isn't mentioned much. He is not listed above.

3. Motivation was complex; however revenge/ triumph are a part of the matter. Hatred of women and paranoia are not.

4. The GSG and LL are genuine, and major clues to the case. No other communication allegedly received from the murderer is.

5. The differences in Berner Street are self-explanatory by the evidence.

Bullwinkle

Jason Scott Mullins
Detective Sergeant
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Again David -

"2. You've all heard his name, but it isn't mentioned much. He is not listed above."

Interesting response. I thought the whole point of this thread was to stand up and be counted for who you think did it or could have been involved. Directly naming names, not giving veiled clues.

Please stay on topic :-)

I'm working on a six degrees of separation game to better help me understand how everyone was connected. It will be interesting to see where your man fits.

"4. The GSG and LL are genuine, and major clues to the case. No other communication allegedly received from the murderer is."

What are GSG and LL abbreviations of?

crix0r

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 679
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason

GSG is Goulston Street Graffito and LL is Lusk Letter, at least that's what I interpreted them as.
He seems to be off again acting as if he know more than everyone else. Maybe he has a time machine hidden away somewhere so perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I was actually looking forward to David saying who he thought Jack was as that is indeed the point of the thread but alas it is not to be.

David, please could you do us the honour of at least putting forward your suspect as that is, as Jason says, the whole point of this thread and I also think that we have waited long enough for the name of your so-called suspect.

Sarah

Kris Law
Inspector
Username: Kris

Post Number: 162
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

crix0r,

I assumed it stood for Goulston Street Graffito and the Lusk Letter, but again its all very vague and annoying. Quite frankly, yes, thats what this thread was about, coming right out and saying it. "Stand UP, and be COUNTED" that means spill the beans.

If someone can't come right out and tell me who they suspect, I find I don't care much. There are lots of suspects and lots of theories, I don't need to waste my time dissecting riddles. I'm not Oedipus. Although I do think my mum is swell.

Kris

Jason Scott Mullins
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 103
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hehehehe

Kris, with your permission, I'm going to stick your last line in there about Oedipus in my mental quote book.

Sarah, check your hotmail email account.

crix0r

Kris Law
Inspector

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason,

Permission fully granted.

Kris

It's hard to write a short response and still have to fill up twenty five freaking words. Is this finally enough?

Nope. But this should be.

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 748
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeez Guys,

They never learn do they George ?

David pulls your strings dont he ?

Can I ask a question ? Are we supposed to name a suspect and give valid reasons or just name any poor sod and 'fit 'em up' ?

Cos the latter leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Monty
:-)

PS For fox sake Sarah, check you're hotmail, Jason is doing his nut in !!!!

Jason Scott Mullins
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahahha Monty.

I would say the former, not the later. Then again, what do I know :P

hehehe fox sake.. I like that. Tis an interesting way to spell it.

crix0r

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 687
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

Already got it.

I would say we would only a suspect if we have one in mind and with only valid reasons, or reasons we think are valid anyway. I don't think that naming some points, or what ever David did constitutes any of this.

He doesn't annoy me that much anymore, I was just joshing around really!! Hmmm joshing, I like that word.

Sarah

Kris Law
Inspector

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wasn't joshing, it's rude and insulting.

People don't have to name ANY suspect, but if they don't want to name one they probably shouldn't post anything at all. Its easier. People don't have to post anything at all, and if their only fun is stirring up trouble, then I don't have time for it.

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 753
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah,

I know you've already got it Toots,

Just dont give it to me...Ive had a bath today !

Kris,

Chill, relax, I'll get you a pint....but I do see your point,

David,

Stop it you naughty boy and stick to topic !.....dont make me come up there !!!!

Papa Monty
:-)

Chris Michetti
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah cmon, he doesn't know. If he really knew he'd be dying to blurt it out all over the forums and we all know it :-) He's just having fun and making us more curious as to who he has in mind.

Chris :-)

CB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

One thought on LaBruckman. Scotland Yard was aware of the Brown Murder. They must have known that LaBruckman was involved. Yet they never made any connection with LaBruckman and the WC murders. This is strange. If you believe that LaBruckman was aressted in connection with the WC muders like some have suggested.

ALL THE BEST, CB

D. Radka
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have forgotten the name of the person who kindly sent me their copy of Patricia Cornwell's book. I would like to know the name of that person, to express my thanks. Thank you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.