Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Was Jack a 'saviour'? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Was Jack a 'saviour'? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Swift
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 7:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something has bothered me ever since I read the official police files and I'd like to share it with far more experienced 'Ripperoligists' than I could ever claim to be.

The part that bothers me is this......Anderson writes One did not need to be a Sherlock Holmes to discover the murderer was a sexual maniac of the most virulent type;that he was living in the immediate vicinity of the scenes of the murders;and that,if he was not living alone,his people knew of his guilt and refused to give him up to justice.

And later, by DI Cox, who was on at the time on duty and engaged in survielance of a jewish suspect...The Jews in the street soon became aware of our presence.It was immpossible to hide ourselves.They became suddenly alarmed,panic stricken,and I can tell you that at nights we ran considerable risk.We carried our lives in our hands so to speak

After the execution of Isreal Lipski the tide of anti-semitism in the East End became a flood,the fact that one Jew had killed another seemed not to matter....all Jews we're 'Lipski'.

Did a 'knight in shining armor' rise from the ranks to show that these Eastenders we're no better than anyone else? Did this killer in fact seek to deflect the hate back towards the haters?

Just consider two events for a moment,firstly...Is it possible that Liz Stride screamed 3 times and then cried out 'Lipski' to the man assaulting her? Secondly the infamous 'writing on the wall' at Goulston Street.If the killer wrote that message in 2005 would it not read....

Hey it's not the Jews fault,dont blame them for everything!

In the killers disturbed mind was he trying to show that there were much worse than Lipski in the East End,that the 'english',with their whores and their street thugs were the real problem?

I think this killer perhaps DID have a mission and he WAS out to show how bad things really we're.But I dont think he was doing these things as any kind of crusading reformer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dustin Gould
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 9:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steve...

You present some interesting ideas. Some of the more interesting I've heard in some time.

Regarding Anderson's statement: To me, although there might have been a degree of credibility to his words, they seem tainted by an underling sense of distaste, for the residents of that neighbourhood. Although, he doesn't say specifically whether it was "East End" population as a whole, or just those of Jewish descent. So what he said, could also be construde, as just taking "pock shots" people he just didn't like. Not to mention, their supposed sheltering of the Ripper himself, or at least his identity, just another excuse to dislike them as a whole. Remember: Anderson speaks these words with conviction. Not like casual theories, thrown about in conversation. His phrasing of the Ripper as a "sexual maniac", while for his time and personal perception, might have seemed accurate because the victims were found semi-clothed, by today's standards, we know to carry little weight. As there was no evidence of seamen or penitration. Things that might have demonstrated a degree of sexual arousal.

DI Cox last statement reads much the same way to me: tainted by distaste. "We carried our lives in our hands so to speak", is a phrase on his behalf, that I cannot seem to grasp the reality of. The Jewish community of that neighbourhood knew that violence, intolerance and discourse was at an all time high, and regardless of whether they completely trusted them or not, the police were their only real line of defence. So for the Jewish comminuty to behave hostile towards them, as Cox alluded to, seems illogical, and impractical.

However, I might add that, neither Andersons nor Cox's statements disprove your theory. The likes of which, is entirely plausible.

Sincerely,

Dustin

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.