Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Forgive me for using my trade name Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Forgive me for using my trade name « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lonely Guy
Police Constable
Username: Lonelyguy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 3:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I notice that it is normal here to use real names and not screen names. I apologise for using a nom-de-plume. This is not out of disrespect or a need for anonymity - when I 'signed up' I was told there was already a user with a very similar name to my own and asked to use a different name.

just for the record, my name is Robert Nelson and I live in Morecambe (near Lancaster), Lancashire, England.
catch me if you can

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 428
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert.

Dunno who's been on your case, but ignore them! Loads of us don't have our real names as our Casebook names. It's no big deal.

People know me as Philip (real name), George (unreal name), Hutch - whatever. A couple of them have their own names for me probably. These may be the same ones who have given you hassle if you had any.

Not the best introduction for you! Most of us on here are nice!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Lonely Guy
Police Constable
Username: Lonelyguy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that. I know people here are OK. I have had a very interesting off-board discussion about James Maybrick's family tree with a member here.

Interesting that the spell checker does not recognise 'Maybrick'.
catch me if you can

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 429
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah - it doesn't work exactly as it should but nevertheless is quite useful.

Type in 'fake' - that might get you more results!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Carolyn
Sergeant
Username: Carolyn

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lonely Guy,

Hello and welcome. Looking forward to "meeting" you.

Carolyn

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.