Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Whitechapel Society 1888 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Whitechapel Society 1888 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 05, 2005Suzi Hanney50 4-05-05  4:14 pm
Archive through August 15, 2005Robert Clack50 8-15-05  6:02 pm
Archive through December 06, 2005beindafromhenmans50 12-06-05  8:08 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 527
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we get the other Lindsey singing that on CD, by any chance?

Love,

The other Lindsey (who can not sing her way into an air raid shelter). x

(Message edited by lindsey on December 06, 2005)

(Message edited by lindsey on December 06, 2005)
Although present on the occasion, I have no clear recollection of the events leading up to it.
Winston Churchill

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5348
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those books that Oliver was carrying when he was kidnapped - what happened to them?

And that game of chess the two old boys were playing - who won?

Robert

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 906
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert - as well you know, as one of his best boys, Fagin passed them on to me.

Amongst them was a William Stewart, 1st edition Leonard Matters and original Carl Muusmann.

No, I don't know what anachronism means.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 528
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgive me, again. I'd just love that track sung by Lindsey S.

Lyn x
Although present on the occasion, I have no clear recollection of the events leading up to it.
Winston Churchill

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 908
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just transferred the photos from Saturday to my PC and resized them for posting.

Here's our illustrious speakers Peter and David - and it was truly a fascinating talk. As Lindsey and I were discussing on the tube home - it never seemed like an hour. It seemed about 15 minutes; sign of a good speaker!

Speakers

A couple of shots of Lindsey in action. Note in the first one she has gone for the interesting shrunken head clutch bag prop.

Lindsey1

Lindsey 2

Mr Sharp, Liza, Caz and the head of Robert Smith...

Foursome

The Prince Regent from Blackadder The Third in the episode with the actors showing just how far apart his legs have to be :

Alan

Rob Clack - this one's on behalf of George...

Rob & Liza

Ted 'Leather Apron' Ball - would you buy a used book from this man?

Ted

And finally... by far the best costume of the night was the fantastically executed effort by Neil Powney. Guess who this neglected soul is...?

Nemesis

Thankfully I didn't take any of George but I fear some might be floating around. And he could look far worse than Rob's little shot.

PHILIP

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector
Username: Sreid

Post Number: 656
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 7:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW!!! Shouldn't the United Nations adopt the 18th Amendment?

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3351
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow!!!

Great pics!!!! Yep Caz!!!! Definately SHOULD have been there!!!! Next year mi old mucker!!!

Suzi xx

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 679
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 5:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil, you got my best side.

And as a special treat to casebook readers, here's Phil conducting one of his tours

Rob

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 910
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 6:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob - ha ha ha ha ha!!! Yep, at the moment that is about the size of the groups we're getting. I've done 3 tours in 10 weeks!

Actually, are you sure that isn't someone else we all know doing a tour? There's even a likeness in the distance.

PHILIP

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

You could always try dressing up as another character. Maybe Diddles. It might not increase the size of your tours but the locals might leave out a saucer of milk for you.

Rob

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 914
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 2:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diddles was an option for the weekend just gone. I decided George would be cheaper (no costume rental costs).

PHILIP

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 457
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good stuff! Especially liked the photos of Lindsey in action....I'D like to see Lindsey in action. If you know what I'm sayin'. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 458
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Ted Ball any relation to authoress Pam Ball? I need to swing down to London town sometime and hit one of these meetings. Wanted to for many, many years, but it's a bit of a drive from Tulsa. I think I'll crash at Alan Sharp's pad. Seems we have similar taste in music and we both have long hair, so it all MUST be good. Here's looking forward to the next issue of the journal.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 917
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 4:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom - you know Alan Sharp's pad isn't in England? I can't speak for him but I understand he comes across from Ireland for the meetings and stays at a nearby hotel each time.

As far as I know, Ted is in no way related to Pamela Ball. Ted is quite sane.

PHILIP

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5359
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom, London is indeed more than 24 hours from Tulsa.

Robert

Liza
Sergeant
Username: Liza

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tom
A lot of us stay at the City Hotel in Osbourne Street (Tel: 020 7247 3313 you probably have to add some numbers at the front if dialing from the USA) it's only about a two minute walk from where we meet, it's friendly and convenient)
Hope we see you at a meeting
Liza

Frogg Moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 8:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Whitechapel Society 1888 would like to thank all our friends,speakers,members and subscribers for and making 2005 such a fantastic year.

We wish you all a Happy New Year!

Best Wishes,
Frogg.
WS1888

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.