Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The three main suspects Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » The three main suspects « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I as it is well known have been fascinated by these murders for a very long time, my opinion is as followes.
Suspect number one.
Joseph Barnett.
He most cetainly had a motive for killing Mary Jane kelly, and circumstancial evidence convicts him.
Walter Sickert.
There is possibly real evidence that he wrote at least one Ripper letter, that alone with his morbid fascination with the case, and his artistic work 'The passing Funeral' fits in with the same circumstancial evidence as Barnett.
Montigue Druitt.
His appearence is so like Whites description, and his suicide note and the mention of 'Since friday[ 9th?] albeit speculation , would fit in with various descriptions of whites testómony, and Thomas Bower.
If, i have not been wasting my time for all those years I Predict it is odds on for one of these three individuals to have been the murderer.
Regards Richard.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 4:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,
intersting list. though naturally i doubt many will be surprised that Joe is your top suspect.

I never feel able to be so desisive myself (as is life)

Jenni

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1125
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 4:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jennifer,
As stated many times on these boards , although I believe Barnett is the 'Number one suspect' I have a open mind to future evidence.
I just feel that all the evidence to date points to that top three people.
Regards Richard.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 4:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,

sorry if you thought i was implying otherwise I certainly was not.

you know me Miss Cynical - it's not a good thing!

Jenni

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 352
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 5:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We already have a thread for people to pick their top three suspects:

../4920/10005.html"-1">
Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

It =-was wallie-innit
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 9:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard

I'm with you in being suspicious of Walter Sickert. He fits the profile nicely:

In 1988, the Institute of Forensic Sciences prepared an FBI psychological profile of Jack the Ripper. The main characteristics are as follows:
!/ male in his late 20’s
2/ A local resident of the area.
3/He was believed to be employed and probably free from family obligations, as he kept rather late hours on the weekends.
4/ He was likely to have been in trouble with the police in a lesser capacity than murder
5/ He was probably a loner.
6/ He was seen as having been abused as a child, perhaps by his mother

Walter Sickert was 28 years old in 1888.
George Chapman was 23
Tumblety was 58
Dr Pedachenko was 31

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.