Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The Ripper's identity or is it the Ri... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » The Ripper's identity or is it the Rippers' Identity « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M.D. Bailey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Regards to All,

My name is Michael, I have not yet mailed in a form (Just found this today) so I guess I will post this here.

My family hails from Ireland and were around during the time of the Ripper's "activities".

Through time, my Great Grandfather Frederick, passed on stories about London at the time, now my father would tell me that most of the time the tails were snoozers so to speak lasting well into the night and using every metaphor the old man knew. However, my father did recently tell me this diddy which caught my ear.... This isn't canon mind you, but "seek the truth" or so I'm told.

Seems old Fred enjoyed very much the London night life, being that he was one of the few Irish lads who had money (liquor) and looks (according to him) he oftened ventured to London for the hook...er the plays. He often visited the "seedy" end of London for as much as he loved his women, he loved his Ale even more. Now he tells of a story of being in a Pub and overhearing a particulary odd conversation between two gentlemen, a younger (20 ish) finely dressed man and an Older man who resembled a vaggabond. Interesting to say the least. Apparently the younger man had contracted a defiling disease from one of the ladies of the night and.....

would you like this continued?

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Bailey.
Please continue, this sounds a fascinating read.
Richard.

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Interesting
Especially as your great grandad's name would have been the first two names of Frederick Bailey Deeming,
Chris

Simon Owen
Inspector
Username: Simonowen

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bertie and Prince Eddie ?
Lord Randolph Churchill and Winston ?
Dr Stanley and son ?
Dr Gull and son-in-law ?

Maria Giordano
Detective Sergeant
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty Druitt and Joe Barnett
Mags

Simon Owen
Inspector

Post Number: 180
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oscar Wilde and Bosie ?
Whistler and Walter Sickert ?

Simon Owen
Inspector

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JK Stephen and Eddie ?

I'm reminded of Dr Stowell's unusual story here about ' S ' , also the Dr Stanley story.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps now is a good time to point out that none of these people had children who lived, especially Fred Deeming!

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Jon Smyth
Inspector
Username: Jon

Post Number: 254
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Simon.
According to Melvin Harris, when Stowell choose to put his 'Royal Conspiracy' to print he approached Nigel Morland. Stowell originally designated his mysterious villian as "X", but Moreland suggested something less mundane, "use an initial, something original". Stowell choose his own initial....thats where the "S" came from.

Regards, Jon

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 298
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like Valarie came back with a less sheepish name.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Maria Giordano
Detective Sergeant
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two Irishmen walk into a bar...
Mags

Ronald Day
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pray continue Mr.Bailey,
deeming what you have already said is true of course!

Ronald

Jack the Reaper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please continue your story, dear M.D. Bailey. i't interesting. And going quite well with my therory of the identiitys of my Dear Old Jack.

Who where these men? Perhaps, my theryory of who they/he was?

yours truly,
Jack le Mietitore

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.