Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Mad Stephen's Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Mad Stephen's « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A small contribution to the madness of the Stephen's. I'm sure there is much more.
(From 'Evil Demiurge' by Webster Tarpley 1995):

'Stephen was a homosexual, was the son of the pathological woman-hater Fitzjames Stephen. J.K. Stephen's uncle was Sir Leslie Stephen, the writer. There is evidence that J.K. Stephen sexually molested his cousin, best known today by her married name, Virginia Woolf, the novelist. This experience may be related to Virginia Woolf's numerous suicide attempts.'

David O'Flaherty
Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 406
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, A.P. It's been a long time since I've read Quentin Bell's biography of Woolf, but I thought George Duckworth was the fellow who's supposed to have molested the young Virginia Woolf.

Cheers,
Dave

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Dave,
Maybe JK had whiskers and Duckworth not:

'Virginia was less resistant. When he stumbled towards her from Julia's death bed, she put out her hand to him. He rejected it and hurried on. The scene was imprinted on her memory for life. After the death the girls heard him passing their room, talking to himself: 'I wish I were dead - I wish I were dead - I wish my whiskers would grow.'

I mean these guys are really mad.
(taken from Virginia Woolf's psychiatric history).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.