Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

TV doc .UK Robert Brown Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » TV doc .UK Robert Brown « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 567
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
I don't really know a lot about this case but thought uk viewers might be interested in this programme on channel four thurs at nine about robert brown who apparently was wrongly convicted of murder.
It is called picking up the pieces
regards
Jennifer
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 215
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard a radio interview with this person this afternoon. He doesn't come across as a very likeable person and he certainly spoke a lot of nonsense on air. He said he was picked up and then beaten for two days to get a confession. Utter nonsense. Anyone being beaten for half an hour would be marked badly enough for questions to be asked in court.

Apparently he was a career criminal before being charged with this murder. I notice like most criminals he shouts very loudly about an injustice being done to him - not a word about all the lives he ruined by his thieving ways. I wonder if he shared any of his compensation with his victims!

At least he is out of prison now, I imagine some of his victims will never be released from the terror he instilled in them!

Bob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.