Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

May I ask for som help? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » May I ask for som help? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jackslittlegirl
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All,
I am writing a research paper on Saucy Jack,a nd I was wondering if any of you kind lads and/or lasses could be every so kind as to profile this brilliant killer or killers and your give me your thoughts this royalconspiricy situation. oh...you thoughts also on Sickert also

Love,
Elizabeth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, Elizabeth.
That was quite some $1000 questions.
The best thing for you to do is to check out the separate threads here on the Casebook site.

I'm sorry noo ne has answered you before, but if you're still interested, here are some main pointers:

"Profiles" are just generalisations, and it is hard to apply such methods on old cases like these. FBI-profiler John Douglas has in the book The Cases that Haunts Us done a profile on the Ripper, stating that he should be around his 20's, a loner and someone afraid of attention and who is unsure of himself and therefore is carrying a knife for his own protection. He was brought up with a dominant mother and could have been sexually abused as a child. He may have started out with torturing animals and then arson. He would have committed crimes prior to the Ripper murders.

Now, profiles are somewhat controversial and should be treated with caution, they are not always right and as I said they are only generalisations -- we must not forget that not all serial killers are alike.
The most important in my own view regarding the Ripper is that he had good knowledge of the environment and therefore would be a local man, living in the close vicinity of the murders. He would be around 25--45 years of age (the murders would have required some amount of physical strengh) and was probably someone with slight anatomical knowledge, although not necessarily a doctor. Could have been a slaughterman or something like that; was probably not a wealthy man and could have been a paranoid schizofrenic.

The Royal Conspiracy is a hoax and a fairy-tale, and the man who told the story to Stephen Knight has confessed to it. It is full of factual errors and lies, and much of the central points is not supported by evidence or facts.
Regarding Sickert there are two camps, one fore and one against. I personally believe that Sickert is an unlikely suspect. It won't do to use an artist's painting as "evidence"; there is nothing really in them that suggests that he was Jack the Ripper -- artists have always been inspired ny macabre subjects and Sickert is no different. Patricia Cornwell have tried to prove via DNA that he wrote some of the Ripper letters (which all more or less are hoaxes as well), and he could very well may have. But that doesen't prove that he was Jacky. There were a number of people drowning the police in false letters and postcards, and the Ripper was hardly a character that was interested in communicating with the police anyway (in my personal view). the only letter that has been credited as being a possible genuine Ripper letter, could be the Lusk letter the "From Hell" letter), which had half a kidney enclosed, but that is a matter of debate.

Hope that helps for now, Elizabeth. But try and look at some of the threads here -- and besides the message boards there are loads of information here regarding the case. Good luck.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.