Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Presentation by Trevor Marriott Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Presentation by Trevor Marriott « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Phillips
Inspector
Username: Cgp100

Post Number: 232
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The BBC is giving prominence to a presentation at the University of Ulster in Londonderry by "former murder squad detective" Trevor Marriott:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3544233.stm

It's not apparent that there's anything particularly new here. The BBC seems to be focusing on the suggestion that murders of Stride and Eddowes were by more than one hand (an unsurprising conclusion as Marriott reportedly thinks they were found "within 12 minutes of each other").

He finds Tumblety and Price Albert Victor (!) unlikely suspects, but the only hints of anything new are that "My findings suggest that there may well have been two other similar murders after the police closed their file" and there were "other lines of inquiry" to pursue, though Marriott apparently doesn't have a suspect.

Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips
Inspector

Post Number: 233
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm. Looking a bit more, it seems that this is just a standard talk that Mr Marriott is advertised as giving:
http://www.speak.com/page.cfm?go2=profile&ID=3278

For some reason the media have all picked up on this particular presentation, possibly because the University of Ulster put out an over-enthusiastic press-release, entitled "Jack The Ripper Unmasked At UU?":
http://www.ulster.ac.uk/news/releases/2004/1082.html

Chris Phillips

David O'Flaherty
Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 244
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for posting, Chris. I wonder if Mr. Marriott (who I think bears a slight resemblance to Bela Lugosi) really lumps Tumblety in with Albert Victor, or if that's just how it's been reported--it doesn't seem to be a fair comparison. For someone who's supposed to have ten years of study under his belt, he doesn't seem to be aware that Tumblety's candidacy comes from a contemporary, not a post 1970s, source. I'd like to read a transcript of the talk, if there is one.

I didn't realize the BBC was linking to Casebook.

Chris Phillips
Inspector

Post Number: 235
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This has now been picked up by the Guardian, which gives a few more details:
3604,1165119,00.html,http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1165119,00.html

It says that the six suspects rejected by Marriott are Sickert, Tumblety, the Duke of Clarence, Maybrick, Chapman, Kosminski and Druitt (that's actually seven, unless I'm mistaken).

The article finished off like this:

There are 140 Jack the Ripper suspects still on Scotland Yard's computer files, but Mr Marriott believed his work had been hindered by a contemporary police cover-up.

"Some documents were destroyed during the Blitz, others are simply missing from files and from the police inquiry documentation from the time.

"This is suspicious. It is also suspicious that the police inquiry was closed shortly after the fifth murder. Was there a cover-up? Fiction abounds, but facts in this case are limited."

I'm puzzled by the reference to 140 suspects "still on" the computer files. Does anyone know what this refers to? (I assume it's not a contemporary list, unless the computer is one of Babbage's!)

Chris Phillips

(Message edited by cgp100 on March 09, 2004)

Cludgy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Marriot was quoted as saying.

"But I am not setting myself on a pedestal and saying I am going to go out and solve it tomorrow."

I don't know, but I have a sneeky feeling Mr Marriot does have a prime suspect, and this could be the pre publicity for a forthcoming book.

I2 minutes between the Stride and Eddowes murders though!

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marriott did an interview with the Belfast telegraph which is headed "Ripper may have been a myth"
You can read this at:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northwest_edition/story.jsp?story=499564

Chris

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The story certainly seems to have created yet another press frenzy. It has been sydicated in various forms to nearing 40 papers worldwide!
Examples at:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3553818&thesection=news&thesubsection=world

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/todaysfeatures/2004/March/todaysfeatures_March17.xml&section=todaysfeatures

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8915243%255E1702,00.html

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/09/1078594350253.html

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200national/content_objectid=14027442_method=full_siteid=50081_headline=-Ex%2Ddetective%2Dset%2Dto%2Dunmask%2DRipper-name_page.html

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2621459

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 927
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all that Chris.
Somewhere I do seem to remember a chap who came along over ten years ago and presented us all with a 'Jack the Myth'.
I must see if I can remember his name.

Chris Phillips
Inspector

Post Number: 239
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP

I seem to remember the same thing. In fact, I seem to remember there was even a book published along those lines...

Chris Phillips

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Chief Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 565
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi ALL

I know the old sod you are thinking of AP but I can't place the name.

I don't understand how anyone could say that they have studied the case for ten years and still labour under the misapprehension that Stride and Eddowes were killed twelve minutes apart.

Even the most notoriously unreliable ripper author's never butchered their facts to that extent. The only thing I can think of that may explain Mr. Marriott's thinking is the fact that it has been stated that a person could walk from the Stride murder site to the Eddowes murder site in roughly 15 minutes.

All The Best
Gary

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 656
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, AP et al

We all know about the boy who cried Wolf. lol

And in regard to Chris Scott's remark that "The story certainly seems to have created yet another press frenzy. It has been sydicated in various forms to nearing 40 papers worldwide!" -- Isn't it ever so with Jack?

All the best

Chris

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 928
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 1:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Old sod is right, Gary.
I've never met a more surly bounder in all my lifes.
Chris, what amazes me more than anything is that folks honestly expect a modern police officer to have some sort of special insight into a murder committed more than a hundred years ago. I could understand this if that police officer was a historian, but as we can see in this case, they get their history and facts wrong and just throw the same old smelly cod across the counter at us. The only partial claim to knowledge such officials can make is that they sometimes have access to material denied to other researchers.
And that is but unfair - and probably illegal - advantage.
Pack of Wolfs I think, all baying for cash.

Busy Beaver
Sergeant
Username: Busy

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 5:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was under the impression that Stride and Eddowes were murdered about an 45 mins to an hour apart, but found by police approx 12-15mins apart?

Busy Beaver

David O'Flaherty
Inspector

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Busy Beaver

No, you're right--they were found forty-five minutes apart. I think he's getting his figures confused and believe it was about a twelve minute walk from Dutfield's yard to Mitre Square.

Dave

(Message edited by oberlin on July 04, 2004)

David O'Flaherty
Inspector

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My mistake, sorry for the double-post!

(Message edited by oberlin on July 04, 2004)

Debra J. Arif
Police Constable
Username: Dj

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2005 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just wondering if anybody on the casebook had been to one of Trevor Marriot's talks?
I have just read in today's local evening paper that he is coming to the university I attend to give a presentation.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1953
Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2005 - 4:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Debra
I'd strongly advice taking plenty of rotten fruit and veg to sling at the chap.
There is nothing worse than a cop turning into a trick.
Go to the pub instead.

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 622
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Debra,

I recommend going. It should be interesting either way.

I see he's already lined up to speak to at least three universities (those are just the ones I happened to stumble across, probably quite a few more too). He's really got the PR machine going.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Sarahjane2204
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He's coming to Wolverhampton university next Tuesday, (19th April 2005 - Tickets available on the door) Seems to be getting around a bit.

Looks to be absolutely fascinating.

Anyone know where to get the book, as Amazon dont appear to have it?

David Bullock
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Debra

I would recommend going, he visited Northampton College last night. Unfortunately only four people turned up due to lack of publicity. As there was only four people he decided not to go ahead with the presentation, but very kindly refunded our money and gave us a free copy of his book for our inconvenience. Before we departed he asked if anyone wanted to ask questions and I had the opportunity to talk to Trevor Marriott for about half an hour, about his theory, insights into the workings of the police force, research techniques, his thoughts on my theory, and he was very impressive. Its just a shame I didn't get to see the presentation, I have started his book and its a very good read.

Regards

David N.Bullock

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 631
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sarahjane,

The book's not quite officially out yet. He's been giving out promotional copies and giving them to radio stations to give away and so forth, but you can't buy any just yet. Give it a week or so.

Hi David,

If you see this, please email me at dannorder@aol.com if you would, I have a couple of questions if you have the time.
Dan Norder, Editor

John Savage
Inspector
Username: Johnsavage

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi David,

I understand what you say about the lack of publicity. Trevor Marriot apparently gave his presentation in Hull last week. There was a small note in the local evening newspaper , the same day, to say the talk would commence at 7.30pm. - I read the paper at 8.30pm., so had no chance.

Rgds
John

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 548
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 3:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dan,

I've got a copy of his book. I got mine from Amazon UK, just over a week ago.

Rob

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 635
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 3:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,

Oh, well, my fault then. I thought it wasn't out yet, but I admittedly don't check releases on the UK Amazon site as often as on the US one. The extra shipping costs for overseas delivery is pretty harsh unless there's no way around it.

I wonder which site Sarahjane was looking on? She sounds like she's in the UK from her comment.
Dan Norder, Editor

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 549
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 4:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dan,

Yes she does. I got mine easy enough, it is at the top of most popular results on the UK site.

Rob

Debra J. Arif
Sergeant
Username: Dj

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 4:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All
Thanks for the response.
I am hoping to get to his presentation if I can, which is this Wednesday, the tickets are cheap so I thought I may as well go and check it out.

I had been wondering who his new proposed suspect was, but I have just seen on the book release thread that he doesn't actually name anyone specifically.

Hi David
Am I right in thinking that your theory involves Thomas Cutbush? I would be interested to know what Trevor Marriott thought of this theory when you discussed it with him .

Debra

Sarahjane2204
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 7:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

Just come from Trevor Marriott's presentation, and I'd have to agree more publicity is needed, sounds like the attendance here was slightly more than the rest as there were about 15 here, but it was really good. Though some people came out and said it was just publicity for him to sell his book, which I felt was unjust.

And I finally bought the book, signed by the man himself. Also on the way home I think I worked it out, well kinda sorta, I reckon he was a sailor, but i'm only on page 9 so I'll let you know.

Honestly, if anyone gets the chance to go to one and ask him a couple of questions do it, you wont regret it.

I am from the UK.

julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I went to the trevor marriott talk at wolverhampton uni last night. although i didnt think it was badly publicised or anything (although i do work for the uni so would have seen it) only around 15 people showed up in all...

I found the talk quite interesting if a bit long (i was trying REALLY hard to stay awake) but from wht I could make out Mr Marriott wasnt saying that the murders of stride and eddowes were committed 12 minutes apart but that the sites were 12 minutes apart...i may be wrong though (i was really tired). Either way, he doesnt think jack was responsible for the stride murder anyway does he?

it was interesting to hear that he thinks jack was a merchant seaman because that is the general direction my theories go too...dont know if he mentions any names because he didnt at the lecture (presumably that how he gets you to read the book!) I still cant find it on amazon either...he did mention last night that it wasnt out yet but had a few advance copies with him...

Sarahjane2204
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He never mentions anyone by name in the book - but he does mention that it was a sailor from one of two ships, but the names of the crews on the ship were destroyed in the Blitz, which is why he can't name a specific person.

Think you were the lady in the row behind me - but I was nearly asleep too, and it was a big relief when he finished - too much information for a small brain like mine and having been in lectures all day!!

The book is good, but it's really the same format as the lecture, but with more detail and court hearings etc, and less pictures!!

Good book though!!

Joanne Simons
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 5:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to mention Trevor Marriott’s book and the presentations he has been giving recently. I have obtained a copy of his book which I found very good reading, and well worth everyone reading it if they get the chance. It is nice to see someone taking a completely impartial view of the Ripper murders, especially and experienced investigator.
The re investigation which he conducted has, as he says in his book now casts a major doubt about some of the accepted facts and evidence. He offers plausible explanations about some of these facts and I have to say I think they should not be totally disregarded, a lot of what he puts forward leans toward the fact that all of us have perhaps been looking in the wrong places all of these years and perhaps the answers have been staring us in the face all the time.
I also had the chance to attend one of his presentations last week at The University of Huddersfield. I have to say it was excellent. He talked and showed slides for almost 2.30 hours and had the audience captivated. He is obviously very knowledgeable and gave us all an insight into his investigation and the results.
As far as his new suspect is concerned he was quite honest in saying that although his evidence is much stronger than the evidence there is against the suspects we already know, it does fall short of being sufficient enough to obtain a prosecution and I have to admire him for this. If the facts surrounding his investigation are to be accepted and I see no reason why they shouldn’t then the suggestion raised in Tony Williams book putting forward Sir John Willams should be disregarded. Mr Marriott clearly states JTR did not have any medical knowledge, and the fact that the organs of Eddowes and Chapman were not removed by her killer at the scene as has been suggested all of thse years and we should be wrong to dismiss his explanation lightly.

Jeff Leahy
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 77
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 8:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry Joannen but are you saying that he beleives that Chapmans and Eddows organs were never removed or that they were removed else where?

I really dont understand what your saying?

The fact that Jack had no medical knowledge or that Stride was not a victim are hardly new revelations.

How many victims does he claim and what is the evidence that ties up these two ships to the murders?

Cheers Jeff

julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 7:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found the talk very interesting and could see where he was coming from on most things. I hadnt really ever thought about the fact that in the dark, with a long bladed knife, it would be very difficult to remove an organ with surgical precision. Trevor Marriott is therefore of the opinion that the organs were removed not at the scene but later (between the time of the murder and the autopsy presumably) but how? i didnt like to ask through fear of soundling stupid but he didnt go into how or where or by whom the organs were removed (or indeed why) this is the basis for him believing that the ripper did not have medical knowledge as so often presumed...anyone got any ideas about this?

J x

p.s. Sarahjane2204 - i was sat right at the front of the lecture theatre with my boyfriend(just one man in the front row in front of us) I too had been at the uni (at work) all day and although found it fascinating, really wanted to go home and get some sleep, so i may have missed a few points!

Joanne Simons
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 6:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think maybe you should read the book some intersting thoughts from his investiagtion If accepted do throw the whole ripper scenario upside down. I think we should not totally rule his lineof thinking out. We all seem to be only concerned with who the ripper was which is understandable but in order to satisfy ourselves we have to be sure all the fats surrounding the murders themselves and the victims is corrcet first.
I think everyone has got to carried away with Uncle jack and maybe we should take a step back.There are some of us here who can see further than the ends of our noses

Jeff Leahy
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry are you saying you beleive that the mutilations to the bodies were carried out at the mortuary? That the eye witness acounts at the murder scenes were made up?

Does someone mind explaining to me how this would work?

Have I missed something?

I thought all the nutters prosided in Maybrick land...perhaps it was maybrick..ahah

Yours bemused

Jeff

AIP
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 2:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking forward to meeting Mr Marriott.

joanne simons
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff
His enquiry suggests that the killer mutilated the bodies as has always been suggested, but that he had no medical knowledge and did not remove the organs. These were removed bewteen removal of bodies from murder scenes and later post mortems

julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 4:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ive been trying to get hold of the book all week, but am obviously going to have to try harder...but yes, he infers that the organ removal (not necessarily mutilation) was done after the murders and away from the scene...based on the fact that he believes it was too dark to be able to remove an organ so precisely...how and where though i really dont know. does anyone whos read the book have any ideas?

John Savage
Inspector
Username: Johnsavage

Post Number: 370
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Julia,

Mr. Marriots book is now available in bookshops in the UK. I notice that WH Smith have it on special offer - half price.

Rgds
John

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 4:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In Marriott's brief chapter on Maybrick, he says he is convinced by Mike Barrett's January 1995 confession (he shouldn't be). He also thinks there should have been a police investigation (there was).

Have a great weekend fellow sleuths.

Love,

Caz
X

julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 4:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks john...i now have a copy

half price already though...says quite a lot i think

J x

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.