Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Fancy a pint ?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Fancy a pint ?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken Proctor
Detective Sergeant
Username: Gizmo

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SUZI, duh!! that wasnt the whistle i was talking about.there you go again -not reading a word,or is it alzheimers. it will be there next week.
"Hey Rookie----You were good" (Field Of Dreams)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Rookie!
and SO was the whistle!!!!!!
Thanks soooooo much for that!.....well ITS here but still waiting for the Alzheimers..........gosh I hope I realise when it's here!
Suzi

Lindsey Millar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 9:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suz,

Time for a pint, I say! Am about ready to market my new venture, the "gatito burrito"... just too many kittens in such a small apartment! (Yes, still living in Millar's Ct).

So, bottoms up, my gel!

Bestest mate,

Lyn

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys,

For anyone who is interested. re The Ten Bells.

Jenn and I hit the Ten Bells Monday gone. Jenn got legless and had to be carried out again. Shes always doing that....

....anyway, just incase you were in the area and passing The Bells, thought it looked closed, well it aint. Its still very much open.

Cheers,
Monty
:-)

Ps Saw some amazing graffito in the bogs. "I want Jack The Rippers d*** up my..." well you can guess the rest.

No apron though. Anyone wanna debate this one?
I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to f**kin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2041
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cough....
.... are you telling tales on me ...
....i might cry now...

sniff

(Message edited by jdpegg on March 23, 2005)

Donald Souden
Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 478
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 1:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

And she told me she was busy working on her thesis!

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 786
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 2:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a beautiful Friday afternoon, so take a pull from a pint and enjoy Slate's amusing article about European and American attitudes towards e-mail.

Dave

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I enjoyed the article Dave,quite true!
Its been beautiful here too-and warm for March!
Natalie

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 787
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie,

I'm glad you liked it; that article tickled me because I tend to get chatty in my e-mails (unfortunately not about getting up to beautiful Cape Cod). Sometimes I notice a deafening silence from my British and European friends.

Thanks again for getting over to Oakley Crescent and have a splendid weekend, btw.

xoxo :-) (laugh),
Dave

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 819
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 8:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If anybody wants a free gmail account with 2000 MB of storage, drop me a line at oflaherty66 at gmail.com. I've got lots of invites still. They've got ads tailored to each piece of mail, but they're pretty unobtrusive. They've also got a spam blocker if you don't already have one and that handy Google search feature to pick through your emails if you save them like I do.

Dave

Ken Proctor
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 78
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"THE PINTS ON ME" Thurs. and Fri. May 12/13. 7.pm. " THE TEN BALLS " Anybody in the neighbourhood ? I will be the one with the table of empty Kronenbourg Blanc glasses. "GIZMO"

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 4:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Friday 8th July 2005

Anyone fancy a tour of the sites, little visit to Goulston street and a pint....or few?

Im visiting the area on that day.

Who is up for it?

Monty
"You got very nice eyes, DeeDee. Never noticed them before. They real?"

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2086
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 4:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What time Monty-could make around 11.00 to mid afternoon?If you were thinking of later on might not be able to make it.
Sounds a great idea!
Nats

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 7:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats,

Im hoping to hit the town round 11.00am.

Gotta sort my leave and sort out travelling so I'll let you know nearer the date and you can decide what you want to do.

Monty
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 7:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty
thats fine-it may suit me more around 12-12.30 I have found out--- but there is no big problem and I can be there earlier or later if necessary.Its the evening I would find difficult.
Nats

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 944
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The splendid American Civil War historian, novelist, and pipe aficionado Shelby Foote died last night at the age of 88. He was one of the best parts of Ken Burns's Civil War documentary.

“Narrative history is the kind that comes closest to telling the truth. You can never get to the truth, but that’s your goal.”

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4607
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave, that's a real shame. If I didn't know it was impossible, I'd swear he was talking first hand. It was uncanny.

Robert

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 945
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That was so good I had to post it twice. Sorry for the double post.

(Message edited by oberlin on June 28, 2005)

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 946
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,

That's narrative history for you; plus there was more living memory when he was writing his history. Don't feel too bad though; I guess 88 is a good long time to be around. I read that he knew Faulkner.

Foote had a great quote at the end of the Burns Documentary that went something like "Before the war, people used to say 'The United States are. . .' and after it, they said 'The United States is.' That's what the war did, it changed us from an 'are' to an 'is'." Something like that.

Dave

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 645
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave.

What a shame. That is correct that Mr. Foote said that the way you stated he did. I watched the series countless times....

I especially enjoyed his discussion of N.B.Forrest during that series.

Plus he had to be a cool s.o.b....During the series, I noticed the photo of Robert Johnson on his wall taped up there and prominently displayed...A guy who can praise the genius of a Forrest and admire Robert Johnson...well.. that man had to be cool.

Thanks for mentioning his passing,Dave O.
HowBrown

Ken Proctor
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 88
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CONRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU BRITS ON WINNING THE BID FOR THE 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS. GREAT JOB. I WILL BE REPRESENTING CANADA IN THE BEER GUZZLING EVENT.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 711
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought this would be the right titled thread for this one.

They won't thank me for it, but...

Here's our very own Rob Clack and Christian Jaud (Chris is on the left) in The Ten Bells last week with some horrible acolyte.

tenbells

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2402
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 3:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great pic Philip-showing off those elegant pins again I see!!!
Nats
x

Christian Jaud
Detective Sergeant
Username: Chrisjd

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 8:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"They won't thank me for it, but... "

damn right they won't, traitor ;-)

Here's one of Phil doing the Twist in Blossom Street:

More pics on the appropriate thread soonish

Christian

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 641
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

Regarding our picture.

Don't you think the casebook has enough horrifying images?

Rob

Kate
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 1:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Gizmo, Finally found this site. Just wanted to thank you for the time in Whitechapel and The Ten Bells this past spring. Maybe we can do it again but next time the "Treats" on us. e-mail to follow,

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.