Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Good Luck for Tomorrow, Erin Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Good Luck for Tomorrow, Erin « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 568
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 7:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

Our lovely Erin will be having some pretty major surgery tomorrow. Sure you'll all want to wish her well.

Be thinking of you, Erin,

Love,

Lyn x
My first reaction is, "OMG that's crazy". But then I'm thinking this just may be crazy enough to work.
copyright © Bradley McGinnis Sept. 2005

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5396
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Absolutely! Good luck, Erin. And when they ask you to count backwards, give them a surprise : "Kelly, Eddowes, Stride, Chapman..."

Robert

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3341
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indeed, best wishes to you Erin

Jenni
"it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you"

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 904
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erin,

The very best wishes! And don't listen to Robert -- if there were a "Stride was just a domestic" partisan among the surgical team it could only lead to trouble.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 574
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert and Don,

Not a good idea to make our Erin laugh for a couple of days...

(I can see her now, inspecting every scalpel and wondering whether something similar was used in the Ripper murders - or whether indeed it was Rumby's knife.)

You know our Erin!

Lyn x
My first reaction is, "OMG that's crazy". But then I'm thinking this just may be crazy enough to work.

Jane Coram
Chief Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 689
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, ditto best wishes Erin,

Get well soon.......it's not fun feeling under the weather, but I hope this will sort you out and make you feel much, much better.

Huge Hug and lots of love

Janie

xxxx

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 913
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope it goes ok. Will pray for you.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2426
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 3:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll be thinking of you today Erin.

I'm only going through major sugary - too many festive chocs over the weekend.

Come back as soon as you are on the mend.

Lots of love,

Caz
XXX

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3423
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 5:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All the very best Erin!!!

Caz- Got that complaint too....must be viral!!!

Love Suzi x

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 917
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn, any word yet? Hows she doing?

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 579
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't heard yet, Diana, but wasn't expecting to until some point during the next day or two anyway. She'll need time to recoup. I'll post as soon as I get word. Promise.

Lyn x

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 615
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erin's fine. Thank all the gods. Now I can relax.

Love,

Lyn x

Erin
Detective Sergeant
Username: Rapunzel676

Post Number: 68
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all so much for your kind words and good wishes. It's been a rough week but I keep reminding myself that it's all for the best. I did actually find myself wondering a few times if they cut through the omentum or if it would be an appropriate time to ask about cadaveric spasm. Fortunately, I was too doped up to make much sense. I'm still pretty darn loopy and doing the old "duck-walk" as Adam calls it, but hopefully things will only get better from here. Thanks again, you all are the best!

Dan Norder
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erin,

Glad to hear you are doing well. Take it easy for the holidays.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2732
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Erin,
Only just noticed this thread-[Christmas!]
Really glad to hear you are on the mend and feeling a bit better!
Wishing you a Happy Christmas and an even better and Brilliant New Year!
With Lots of Love
Natalie
xxxx

Nicholas Smith
Inspector
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 5:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Erin,

Rest up easy and best wishes. I was supposed to go into hospital in January to get the plate and screws taken out of my ankle but have piked out. I kinda think if they took them out my foot would fall off lol.

Love
Jules

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.