Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Happy Birthday Tom W! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Happy Birthday Tom W! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3227
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Somewhere you let it slip that today is your birthday.

So happy birthday

Jenni
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my mamma taught me better than that."

Spiro
Sergeant
Username: Auspirograph

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 3:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy Birthday Tom Wescott. Thanks for chuckles, knuckles and buckles...

Have a great day mate!

Spiro

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 853
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,

BOUNTIFUL BIRTHDAY WISHES !!!
And I would say that even if I and the rest were not due soon for another Ripper Notes review.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4262
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom!

Sorry, I missed this thread.
Loads of Happy Birthday wishes!

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian
-----
"It's a BEAUTIFUL day - watch some bastard SPOIL IT."
Sign inside the Griffin Inn in Bath

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 8:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have a great day today,T.C....

Your pal,How

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 449
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys,

What a surprise. I didn't know anybody knew my birthday. Ha ha. Thanks Jenn, Don, Howard, Glenn, Spiro. As for that Ripper Notes review, It'll have to wait until after I receive the issue. As usual, I'll get it after readers in Africa and Zimbabwa get their copies.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 2025
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 3:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Tom,

Happy 48th !!!!

Many happy returns.

Monty
:-)
It begins.....

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 855
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,

Yes, we North American readers always seem to be behind the curve in terms of delivery. Dan blames the postal service, but I suspect it's more a case of Jenni's super efficiency at getting out the England and beyond copies. Hope the birthday was good.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3231
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,

it was pretty obvious.

What i did was used my psychic link up to Robert Lees..

another year older and that makes you another year wiser!!

Jenni

ps Don,

nope it really is the post!

Dan Norder
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Don,

Well, Jenni may be super efficient, but more than half of the US subscribers' issues were in the mail a full day before the UK ones, and as far as I know nobody in the US has theirs yet while lots of people in England had them, what, Friday or Saturday? Royal mail has the USPS totally killed on efficiency.

Happy birthday Tom! Hope it was a good one.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 451
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 7:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got my RN yesterday and it looks great. I've read a few things but have yet to dig into the meat. I'd planned on actually filling out the inquest questions this time around, but I've pretty much already answered all those questions to Dan over the course of our many chats, so who knows.
Yep, my birthday was decent, if not a bit depressing. But then any day above ground is a good day, is it not?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about that ! You finally got yours before I did.

Ditto on the Royal Mail,Dan. I could mail a letter, via USPS, to this single chick across the street and by the time she recieved the letter, she'd be married with two kids.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3238
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 6:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

glad you had a good one

still wonder how the secret birthday pixies knew?
Jenni

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.