Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Monday Night Trivia Event Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Monday Night Trivia Event « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5375
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 8:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules, how can a hamster last all week? It's just a snack.

Robert

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3300
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert,

while i agree with what you say, of course it is a luxery item and so you should make it last, dont you think?

Jenni
"Does a 'ton up' on his sleigh? Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?"

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5376
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 9:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni, well yes, but I need more than a hamster. Got any guinea pigs?

Robert

Nicholas Smith
Inspector
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 158
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The hampster is an entree. My rabbit is the next course followed by roast wombat and pickled emu. Great tucker! For dessert there's jellied witchety grubs and honey'd green ants.

Enjoy
Jules

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 552
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules, Love,

Vila has said he'll help Adam and me lose again if you'll go ahead and throw in your niece as the booby prize

I think I'd rather have your mum and her wonderful cooking, though, so..

You two ready for a rematch?

Lyn x
My first reaction is, "OMG that's crazy". But then I'm thinking this just may be crazy enough to work.
copyright © Bradley McGinnis Sept. 2005

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 5:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

TUESDAY NIGHT

DECEMBER 13TH

SUGAR RAY ROSENTHAL AND JANE [ K.O. ] CORAM

VS.

ADAM AND MADAM [ HOLLIFIELD ]

6 P.M. EASTERN STANDARD TIME

THE REMATCH FROM HELL.............}

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 554
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard, Sir,

If you'd be so kind, I'd like to call a rematch. Or whatever. Tonight's event really wasn't fair, all things considered. Mainly because of the cretin in the audience who kept shouting out the answers despite having been first asked, and then warned not to, before being politely asked to leave a la those fine admin people. Plus Jules was experiencing problems AFK for a while -- leaving Jane doing a remarkable job -- but two against one really isn't right. So, I propose that, although Stan Russo really does deserve a special award for coming up with all the right answers tonight, whether the idiot in the front row was correct or not, the Dukester hooks up with the other dude with the answers, the Wenty from Oz, next week in a proper contest with the lovely Jules, and even lovelier Janie. I'll be glad to cheerlead or whatever. Bouncer, if necessary.

Love,

Lyn x
My first reaction is, "OMG that's crazy". But then I'm thinking this just may be crazy enough to work.

Nicholas Smith
Inspector

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day guys,

Thanks again for a fun night Howie, goodonya mate. And like Lyn said it's was a shame some moron decided to spoil it all, but never the less it was a fun night and the champion trophy must be passed on to the winners who now have to make a decision whether they want my Hampster, my niece or my mothers cooking lol.

A rematch is definitely in order. 'The Ripper Rumble' lol.

Next week I'll put up my collection of empty beer cans for a prize.

Cheers
Jules

Jane Coram
Chief Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 687
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Yes is was fun, although I was complete crap. Stan and Lyn played a blinding match and they deserved to win. I must say though I did get a mite confused (easily done) when someone answered the questions for all of us and I felt really awkward after that, just repeating their answers even if I knew they were right!

I did enjoy it a lot though and Howie did a great job as usual, keeping his cool, while all around him were losing theirs! The mark of a true professional! It was still fun!

I am definitely up for a rematch any time, any place anywhere. Stan and Lyn are awesome!

Next time we will marmalize you.....hee hee.

Hugs Janie

xxxxx

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 555
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We've worked it out between us, Jules. Stan gets your niece (since Adam is too young). I get your mum and Sunday dinners for the next year. Adam gets the hamster as a consolation prize for not showing up on time.

You're more than welcome to win your empty beer cans next week. I don't really need any more, thanks. The house is pretty much built.

Janie, my love, you were impressive last night. New rules.. no American TV questions for Brit/Aussie teams.

Next time we will marmalize you.....hee hee.

..That should be incentive enough for CTG to join us.

Love,

Lyn x

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 2:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Folks:

Stan was good,wasn't he ? Shame he's got to pay me from now on to enter these nailbiters.

Adam and Lyn are going to be back in the swing as a team next week...unless Adam oversleeps.

Next weeks grueling challenge will be on the following theme:

WELL HUNG SUSPECTS

I'll leave the topic to your imaginations...and say no more.

Nicholas Smith
Inspector

Post Number: 162
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Howie,

No worries mate, I've got that won already lol. Just get the magnifying glass out with some salt and a bowl of water. (Aussie joke).

Um, just as a thought could we make sure there's someone in there with the 'Boot' command? Just to make sure there isn't a repetition of last night.

Spry? How about it mate?

Jules

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 558
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, but had to post this from an old rambling friend..

"This one specially for Av and yourself in
anticipation, he he. . . .

World Club Championship Haiku First Eleven

Does Mourinho hope
for failure by the Reds to
prove them unworthy?

Gerrard Cisse Crouch
put the ball in the net:
FIFA World Club Champs:

Benitez plans
the battle order, quiet
tactician Rafa.

Liverpool against
the world: always play our best,
backs against the wall.

One up, two up, three:
now the World will take notice:
Istanbul no fluke.

Could Chelsea do it?
Could Fergie's United? No!
They're not in Japan. . .

Liverpool's trophy for
the taking, more silverware
lifted by Stevie.

Prepare the parade,
once more round the city,
Lime Street sensation.

The Reds for the Cup,
Champions of the World,
rock the city, world.

Japan will know us,
all the regions of the world,
Liverpool success,

vaulted from Japan
to the Premiership, next:
Premier Champs."

-- Haven't a clue what it means, but it sounds good. And did that ever stop me from sharing?

Love,

Lyn x

(Avala, you're needed. CTG even knows it.)

(Message edited by lindsey on December 15, 2005)

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 560
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 4:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You mentioned LFC twice, CTG. Not good.

Love you, and all that, but Pompey *always* comes at the top of the league, even if they're not. (We all know that, right?)

Love,

Lyn x

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

TUESDAY NIGHT

DECEMBER 20TH...6 [ S..I..X.] PM, EST
11 PM IN ENGLAND...10 AM WED. IN OZ

BAREKNUCKLE BATTLE TO THE DEATH...

Former champions SUGAR RAY ROSENTHAL & LUSCIOUS K.O. CORAM....

...VERSUS...

ADAM [ THE TASMANIA KID ] WENT & LYN [ GEORGIA PEACH ] HOLLIFIELD...

Smokers welcome..ample parking...arcade area for the kids..open bar and cigarette girl on premises.

Sanctioned by the Pa. Boxing Commission...

ADMISSION FREE

THEME FOR THE EVENING......

A LADIES SPECIAL.....WELL HUNG SUSPECTS IN THE WHITECHAPEL MURDERS....

ONE TEAM VICTORIOUS...ONE TEAM LEFT DRENCHED IN BLOOD..AND OBLIGATED TO PICK UP ALL BAR TABS...

THE TRIVIA WORLD JUST GOT A LITTLE NASTIER...CAN YOU HANDLE IT ???

6 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME...TUESDAY NIGHT....

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules,
I'll be there pulling bouncer duty. But we do need more people with Ops status. Even I can't be there all the time. If anyone can get in touch with Thomas, please tell him to add some more folks to the chatroom Ops list. Thanks.
Vila

A better point & click controller?
"Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible... However, it should only take me ten minutes or so."

Jane Coram
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 693
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a great time last night Howie, It was fun.
(and how many women have said that to you I wonder? calculators needed)

No really it was very good fun.......although there did seem to be a lot of questions about ho's............most of them in fact........

And a draw to boot......so rematch definitely in order. I do think though that a few more of the cowardly custards out there should sign up and make it a bumper gala of know it alls.
They're just scared of getting beaten!

I did enjoy it though........thanks

Love you loads,

Janie

xxxx

Nicholas Smith
Inspector

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 3:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day guys,

Dan, I haven't got Thomas's email but will contact Spry and get it from him, but thanks for the door work last night. Fortunately your services weren't needed although there was that one person who came in but quickly disappeared - you really are an intimidating person lol. I'd hate to meet you in the dark!

Howie, once again you did a suburp job. Goodonya mate. That Tassie Devil and Dan's Demon put up a brave show, but I still reckon we won. For starters we drank more beer than they did and I had a randy rabbit trying to hump my leg while I was trying to answer some of the questions lol.

But yeah, thanks for a great night and we'll look forward to a rematch anytime.

Also you other bludgers out there, you don't know what you're missing out on so get off your bums and get into it. You'd be surprised what stuff you can pick up apart from the fact I write in purple eh Adam lol.

Cheers everyone
Jules

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules :

You're a true gent and you were right. I did make a mistake on that question that you and Jane answered correctly. I apologize for that,but...

...thats tough. The score stays the same. Nyah nyah !

Next week...RETURN OF THE SON OF THE WELL HUNG SUSPECTS !

THE SEQUEL WITHOUT EQUAL...

Again,Sugar Ray....I apologize. My mistake.

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 593
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Definite rematch! (Because Howie was obviously biased towards the Aussie bloke/English chick team.)

So, next Tuesday.

Be scared you Aussie bloke/English chick team!

Love,

Lyn x

P.S. Jules. I don't *care* how much your knickers got in a twist. Even though Howie was wrong by denying you two a right answer or two, the big man himself spoke, and we tied. So there.

Until next week, possums..

Nicholas Smith
Inspector

Post Number: 167
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok guys,

I've had a thought (I know that might surprise you) that we give next Tuesday's trivia night a miss being Christmas and all and we're gunna be busy playing with our new toys and things. So how about we give it a break for a week or so and resume the comp in the new year.

This will also give us a chance to get some more teams into it - it's not fair on you guys that my partner and me keep flogging you, we need some competition lol.

Howie me mate, don't worry about it. I used to run trivia nights at pubs and even though I tried to make sure I had all the right answers there were a couple of times I stuffed up.

However, whoever is running the quiz is always right even if they're wrong. Them's (Black Country for 'they are') the rules you go by and the quizmaster runs the show.

Adam - you're gunna get hammered mate! In fact get Howie to draw up a quiz on you favourite thing about 'Jack' and I'll have a go one - on - one if you want. I'll even put some more of my mums cooking up for grabs lol.

Lyn - We're both Poms. I fair dinkum dunno where ya got the idea I was an Aussie. I was effing born here, an we don't talk like them blokes from down under, them's speak different. They got their own lingo which I couldn't grab a hold of even if I tried lol.

Merry Christmas to all, and plaese take it easy eh.

Jules

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And so it shall be,Sugar Ray. So shall it be !

Tuesday Night's bloodbath will be rescheduled until the following Tuesday.

We're looking at January 3rd,2006 for the next event.

Happy Holidays to one and all !

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tuesday Night...

Live...From The Bates Motel..

Lyn Hollifield & Adam Went...
VS.
Sugar Ray Rosenthal and Jane "K.O." Coram

Title Match....

Tonight's theme: Return Of The Well Hung Suspects

6 P.M. EST....11 PM in London...10 A.M. Wednesday in Australia.

Bring your own bodybag...because stuff's gonna get ugly.

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 675
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 7:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard,

Tonight's theme: Return Of The Well Hung Suspects

Oooh, goody! Ask us the name of the prison where Cream was hanged again. We'll get it right this time. (I mean, we really should have got it right last time -- it honestly was a sudden memory blank. Which was no fair *pout*

It's so true what they say.. "It's not as easy when you're thrust under studio lights and know you're being watched by several nations of viewers. It's so much easier when you're sitting at home"..

We're all out of body bags this week -- must have been a popular 'seasonal' buy, as the shops were empty too when I looked yesterday. But Ingles has a nice line of freezer bags which look big enough.

Seeya tomorrow, Wenty

Seeya tomorrow, Janie and Jules

Seeya tomorrow, Howie

Lyn

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How the mighty fell tonight !

Jane Coram single handedly defeated Adam Went and Lyn Hollifield with an 8-5 win. The East End's finest stands alone [ with Jules of course ] as the reigning Queen of Trivia.

Next weeks challenge will be on.....

..Those Crazy East End Jews!!!

Thats right. We're going to cover the likes of Kosminski...Cohen..Hyams...maybe a little Leather Apron....makes one verklempt to think about it.

....and then on the following week..we might have a triv-up on "Imaginary Suspects, Imaginary Friends".

Suspects like Pedachenko..Morford...Merchant...and least and last..Dave Radka's "imaginary killer"...the legendary apparition: Rollo Tomasi*, the man who killed 6 women in order to get a hairdresser out of his hair !

So get it on over to Chat next week....Same time,same channel.

* In case you haven't seen the film, L.A.Confidential, one of the heroes of the story relates on why he became a policeman to another cop. He says it was because of "Rollo Tomasi" the imaginary culprit that killed his father in the line of duty.

Being Dave's pal, and since Dave lacks a name for this killer...I went ahead and christened his suspect for him. I'm nice like that.

Homer

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 690
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 2:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard,

When did Adam and I never not suck at Trivia. Hell, it's a given. That Aussie dude screws me every time, bless him :-)

Night, Howie,

Lyn x
**Nicotine withdrawls are evil** but being a psychopath is much more exiting.. (Dan is really really scared -- it's cutness^^)

Jane Coram
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 698
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howie,

It's amazing what a mug of sherry and a back of crisps can do. I think Lyn and Adam did great, I just got lucky.......I just happen to be into macho guys with big moustaches........so what can I say? I'm talking about Chapman of course!!!

Mind you that little icon does remind me of someone.......I wonder who it could be?

Very good night though and lots of fun..........I think we need lots of teams ......

Where is Praga? hee hee

Looking forward to next week, when I am going to get thrashed to within an inch of my life, because I know b all about loonies. Probably because I am one.

Thanks for a fun night. Jules sends his apologies, but he had a seriously difficult time last night with one thing and another and he was sorry he missed it, but it was totally out of his control. He's fine though.....and sends his regards. He'll be back on form next week.
Hugs

Janie

xxxx

Nicholas Smith
Inspector

Post Number: 174
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Howie, everyone,

I do apologise for last week but I had a suicidal neice on my hands who was also suffering a panic attack, so things were taken out of my control.

Jane and myself will be back as a team tomorrow to take on allcomers, so find yourselves a partner and let's go for it!

Cheers
Jules

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good to see you able and ready Jules...

See you tomorrow with my East End honey sidekick.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.