Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Rest in Peace, Mary Jane Kelly Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Rest in Peace, Mary Jane Kelly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1676
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mary, another year has gone by, and we still do not know who killed you so foully. You and the other of the victims did not deserve to die in the obscene manner in which you did. May you rest in peace, Mary Jane Kelly.

Chris George
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was thinking of this laying in bed last night.

I went to bed about 2:30am and the thought of my namesake in the rain outside Crossinghams at that moment 117 years before had never been so vivid.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I too always think of this day especially as it was on this day albeit at 4am that in 1975 i experienced a animal walk across my neck whilst lying in bed soon after getting back into bed after a visit to the Loo scary enough when no such animal was present, especially when a year later approx I read the account of Diddles which i was not aware of twelve months earlier.
Creepy.
But I do utter the sentiments of Christopher, ie, Rest in Peace Mary.
Regards Richard.

Lindsey Millar
Chief Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 507
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We did have a short memorial for Mary Kelly at 2:00 am GMT in the chat room last night. A moment of silence and I think some chatters lit candles. Nice crowd.

Lyn
Although present on the occasion, I have no clear recollection of the events leading up to it.
Winston Churchill

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lyn

Glad to hear that the tradition of chat room memorials for the victims is being continued. Thanks for doing that, Lyn and everyone else who participated.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.