Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Casebook Romances Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Casebook Romances « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First there was Spry and Ally, then Dave & Sandra...
Now there is Lyn & I.
Friends, we humbly ask your blessing as Lyndsey Millar and Dan Hollifield join their lives together in bonds of love. May our friends all join us in celebrating a happy time, and may everyone be blessed as much as we feel right now.
Dan

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 840
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 1:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sincere and warm congratulations to you both,

Phil

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 2:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulation Guys,
sincere best wishes to you both, have a great life together.
Richard.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4936
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 4:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Dan and Lyn!

Will you be honeymooning in Hanbury St?

Robert

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 5:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally is with Spry ??!!!!

Another torch exstiguished !!!!!

Dan and Lyn....sitting in a tree...

Happy news guys.

Monty
:-)
...and I said: "My name is 'Sue!' How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!"

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just popping up from my sabbatical to say, thank you guys, for your blessing. I have loved Dan from afar for a long time.. Pinching myself right now!

Lyn

"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations and best wishes for the both of you.

I hope your love for each other will grow to be an inspiration for all those around you and who know you.

Jules

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 712
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yaaaayyy!!! So happy for you.

You never said owt about this, Lyn, you dark horse.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2929
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah they are dark horses arent they?

great news guys

congrats

Jenni
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that."

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

24 days and 22 hours...
The waiting is agony.

Yes, we didn't say anything about it before, though it's been slowly building for some time. Lyn just had to wait for me until I was healed enough to fall in love again. The time became right, and we're both very lucky that it has. Lyn has made me very happy, and by the time the October issue of Aphelion comes online, she'll be by my side.
She's going to have to get used to a place that's green all year long, and rain that comes down in sheets as well as gentle mists, and looking out the window at horses, sheep, geese, and cows instead of city streets. She'll have to get used to the quiet, and the tinkling of wind chimes, the occasional deer or rabbit or racoon standing in the yard, eating my tomato plants...
She's looking forward to it!
Dan

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2420
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take Care of each other you two!Congratulations!
Love
Natalie

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aww, romance talk. Wow, you guys are coupling up fast aren't you!

Best wishes Dan and Lyn anyway!
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Ken Proctor
Detective Sergeant
Username: Gizmo

Post Number: 106
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 9:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh! is it not nice to see the world through rose coloured glasses---it is better you wake up and smell the roses!!!!! Casebook Romances???? PHOOEY !!! BEEN THERE -DONE THAT !!!!!
"Hey Rookie----You were good" (Field Of Dreams)

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ken, I'm so sorry that your situation didn't work out. That must have hurt, and quite a lot. You must have really had a lot of feeling tied up in that relationship. That Lady must have captured your heart. I'm sorry.

Yes, it's perfectly possible that Lyn might find me to be an impossible SOB to live with. I've already warned her that I'm a writer and there will be times when she'll have to use a long pole to poke food at me when I'm writing and have forgoten the concept of food again. (For her own safety: writers are insane, and they can be highly dangerous when interrupted in the throes of creativity.) I've tried talking her out of it, but she thinks it wouldn't be any harder than Willow having to keep Oz in a cage 3 or 4 nights a month... Although, the werewolf would probably be the less dangerous boyfriend, between he and I. LOL!

We're not going into this lightly. Folks might think it's sudden, but that's mostly because we didn't tell anyone until we had taken time to get better aquainted and decided that this was going to be the right thing to do. Both of us have been around the block a few times before. We're not new at this. We'll just be new with each other in person. After all, I've been a Casebook staff member for nearly a decade now, and Official Chatroom Monitor for about half that time. Lyn and I have known each other for a *long* time as friends. I think you'd have to know both of us for this romance to make sense. (Thus Spoke Brad anyway, and he knows both Lyn and I very well.)

Ken, I'll make you a deal: Please be happy for us until and unless you ever get a chance to say "I told you so." In return, I'll never stop praying that you get another chance with a lady that will make you as happy as I am now. I mean that. There's no joke or insult inolved. I'm sorry that the joy Lyn and I feel brought up unpleasant memories for you.

Dan

Ken Proctor
Detective Sergeant
Username: Gizmo

Post Number: 107
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Dan, I can assure you that you have nothing but my best wishes. Your last post was quite informative, perhaps i should have rephrased my earlier post as not so much negative. If more people were as sincere as you appear to be then the odds on successful "internet" relationships would greatly increase. As for me i am as happy as a pig in s--t ! ALL THE BEST!!!!
"Hey Rookie----You were good" (Field Of Dreams)

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah,

Well helllooo,

You lost weight?

Monty

My prediction? 3-0 to us. 5-0 if the weather holds out. - Glenn McGrath

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Latest Update:

Lyn's got her ticket, finally. All she has left to do is ship her stuff. Well, actually... She has to wait out the next 18 days and 2 hours as well, but that's beginning to speed up, now. I've got about a day's worth of lite housekeeping to do before she gets here. And some pawn shop hunting to find us an additional computer to network in here at Casa Vila. Once I find one I can upgrade, I'll have to totally re-do my office to make it a two-person workstation rather than the current solo arrangement. There's very little left to do besides mop the kitchen, clean the carpets, and some dusting. Most of the getting ready I need to do is outside in the yard. Mowing and trim-work with the weedeater. Fun stuff. LOL!

Dan

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4987
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan, what's this???? Leave the kitchen, carpets, dusting and mowing to Lyn!

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2950
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 2:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn and Dan!!!

Whoooo hoooooo a two person play station!!!!!!!!!! heaven!!!!!!!!!! Hey email me!!!!! Love ya (both!)
Suzi xxxx

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 734
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now, you two, don't reduce the Chat Room to "Are you going to put the kettle on?", "No - you do it"...

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 430
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've seen it all now.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm pretty sure that the kettle department will be Lyn's almost exclusively. I tend to drink either coffee, beer, or sodas. I just last month had to buy a new coffeemaker, so we're set for instant hot water for the next few years.

Seriously, we seem to have worked out who wants to do what (I heard that, Brad.) without too much trouble. We're going to divide the cooking and washing up as we go along. I'll do the heavy lifting & general redneck-spouce duties, Lyn will wind up assigning whatever chores to herself that she sees fit, and we'll share the rest. There won't be much, really. Oh, I have to wash my own work clothes (unless Lyn wants to put on big rubber gloves to touch the laundry) because the fiberglass dust on my work clothes would cause her skin to break out. I'm immune to it now, but early on, it was almost like having rubbed poison ivy all over one's skin. To the point of raising blisters. I don't want Lyn to feel that, and since I'm immune to it now I'll keep washing my own work clothes and feel proud and responsible. LOL! Other than mowing the yard and trying to keep the kudzu from eating my cactus garden, cedars, and dogwoods, there aren't many real chores.

It isn't quite Green Acres here. There are no hogs to slop or chickens to feed or cows to milk. No, that's my neighbors across the street. And they have sheep instead of hogs, but the cows, ducks, geese, chickens, and a horse or three are there. I have seen a family of rabbits running across the yard, and lots of deer live in the woods out in the back of the house. It's fairly quiet here, and only 15 minutes from downtown Athens. Sort of a best of both worlds, deal.

Lyn is looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing it anew through her eyes.

Dan

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2450
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If this goes on much longer I think I"ll have to start a new thread entitled,"the Problem with Unrealistic Expectations"
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2451
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah Heck sorry about that Lyn and Dan!
You know I wish you well-and Good for You!
[just take no notice of control freaks like me!]
Nats
xxx

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 454
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats,

Thanks, mate. I appreciate both posts. And do understand the first. One of the reasons I've always considered you a good friend was for your honesty and the fact that you, amongst several others here have patiently taught me to acknowledge reality over several years. I know you've been holding your breath for a long time - but go ahead and exhale, along with the rest of y'all. I entered this relationship asking a lorry-load of questions, demanding immedite answers. Never asked questions before, and look where it got me. This one threw me for a loop, tho'. Questions had to be asked. And Dan always came up with an answer, the referee-on-the-pitch.

The rest will arrive in your in-box shortly. Reason I stopped posting a while back was to give the Casebook a break on Lyn's personal life. I hate soaps, and I know (or hope) the rest of the Casebook does too.

Headed for Georgia with no doubts.

Lyn

"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good news Dan and Lyn, I hope things work out for you. You both deserve to find happiness. heart

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 455
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 3:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, C.T. See you in Balto.

Lyn

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 461
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Packed. Managed to squeeze it all into just two boxes - can't lift either of them, but will find a way to get said boxes to the UPS office.

Lyn

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2958
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 5:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OI!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blimey only 2 boxes!!! yeah right!!!!!!!!email me eh?????? missing my mate!!!!

Suz xxxx

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 467
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 9:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will do, Suz. Sorry for neglecting you lately. Rest assured, tho' - one of those boxes consists entirely of pics of Wickham and a piece of paper signed Suzixxxx..

Lyn

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2961
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heheeh!!!!!!! Glad to hear it!!!!! Going to send you some pix of the riots in School Raod yesterday!!!!

Suzi xx :-) for ya!

Adam Went
Inspector
Username: Adamw

Post Number: 348
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dammit!
Why is it that whenever I confine myself to certain places on the Casebook, or take a short break from it, I end up missing out on all the juicy stuff!? Argh!!!

Seriously though, congratulations to you both, Lyn and Dan, I'm very pleased for you both that you managed to find love on here. Best of luck to you, and I hope you have a fantastic, long life together. :-)

Dan, since you're a writer, I've got something to say to you especially...an old favourite:
"...And they lived happily ever after..."
I hope it's true for you both!

Cheers,
Adam. :-)
"...Since then the idea has taken full possession of me, and everything fits in and dovetails so well that I cannot help feeling that this (George Chapman) is the man we struggled so hard to capture fifteen years ago..."

- Inspector Frederick Abberline, March 1903 interview, Pall Mall Gazette .
Hmmm.....

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 468
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adam,

Thank you!
Just know that the "happily ever after" bit will only come once he figures out the UK football league fixtures and understands what the Ashes means.. (I do afterall have my priorities.)

Hey, thanks again, mate.

Lyn

Adam Went
Inspector
Username: Adamw

Post Number: 355
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 5:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lyn!

You're welcome!
And yes, not only will you have to have to teach Dan which teams to go for (I hope you teach him to go for Australia in the Ashes, eh? ;) ) , but you'll also have to teach him that the word for supporting a team is BARRACK, not ROOT. :-)

Again, though, best of luck to you both and I hope you find happiness together!

Cheers,
Adam. :-)
"...Since then the idea has taken full possession of me, and everything fits in and dovetails so well that I cannot help feeling that this (George Chapman) is the man we struggled so hard to capture fifteen years ago..."

- Inspector Frederick Abberline, March 1903 interview, Pall Mall Gazette .
Hmmm.....

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 5:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is really good news...I wish the best for both of youse and I'm sure it will work out better than you dreamed of....for both of you.

This doesn't mean that I stop hitting on Lyn in the Chat room though. Some things will never change.

Hold hands,you lovebirds...

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard, if you treated Lyn any differently than you have ever done... Bro, I hope you've got a jock&cup you can start wearing. The woman knows what to kick and when, LOL!

Adam, Lyn can watch whatever sports she wants, because I'll almost never have a game I'd rather watch instead. My only sport thingies would have to be the one college football game I watch every year (University of Georgia VS University of Tennessee, both being my home states) and maybe one NASCAR race a year. So Lyn will have near absolute freedom as to what games she watches and when. I don't get excited by sports too much. Never did. I'll cheer for whomever Lyn cheers for, and that'll be good enough. Grin. I'd far rather go fishing than watch baseball or football, but mostly I just sit and write things, LOL!

Dan

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

48 hours until Lyn gets to Athens.
8 hours until she gets on the bus...

I took a break from cleaning house to look at the install kit that came with the new DSL modem. Looks pretty simple to hook up. I hope I can figure out how to work the LAN into it easily. One upshot of this is that Lyn and I will have the same IP mask in the chatroom even though we will be using two different computers to chat with. They'll be going out through the same modem, so don't get freaked by the clone-like IPs. The LAN will eventually have more computers in it. A friend from my e-zine is giving me an old box he'd stripped for parts when he built his newest computer. With less than $250 on my part I'll have Lyn a new computer that's even better than the practally new P4 I'm using right now. It'll get Ethernet linked (and DSL linked if that's the way the DSL works) to my present computer and then out online through the DSL. She and I have agreed to re-do what was my office, together, so we can get it right for the two of us to use.

OK, coffee break's over. Everyone back on their heads...

Dan

Jon Smyth
Inspector
Username: Jon

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good luck To Ya Both
We talk of things as wrong or right, or clear as night and day.
But life is rarely black and white, but multiple shades of grey.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 5083
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 3:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan, could you re-post that in English?

Robert

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 477
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm on my way in less than 30 minutes.

See you in Athens, Dan..

Lyn
Never leave home without a paperback..

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3002
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GIRL am here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well until next Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loves ya!!!

Suz xxxxxxxxxx

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn is finally here! Her bus rolled in about 1:40 PM and she was practally the first off. And went straight into my arms.
The three people who got in her way will be released from the Emergency Room later today.
We are now home and the spaghetti is almost ready. We'll see everyone in the chatroom Monday night and Lyn will be in the Brit Chat on Thursday.
See y'all later!

Dan & Lyn

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3006
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dan,
Lyn..... catch ya in the chat room (Wickham branch) on Thursday eh! 2 'eh?

Suz x

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 5:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dan,

I can't believe you had time to post that!

Little tip for you - while girl cook spaghetti, boy can fondle unhampered.

Girl taking roast out of oven give boy even better opportunity.

Have fun you two! And look after one another.

Love,

Caz
X

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,
You overlooked one thing, I *like* cooking, and you should have seen Lyn's face light up when she tasted the spaghetti. That dinner from Sunday night lasted Lyn and I for at least three days. (I'd made nearly two gallons of spaghetti sauce, and we just kept on going 'til it was gone!)
Right now, I'm trying to figure out a good recipe for stuffed Bell Peppers that wouldn't require me to go to the store for anything. I find it fun to fix all kinds of meals. Lyn and I will pretty much share the cooking and the washing up.
And as for the romance, we always make sure that there's time enough for love.

Dan

"Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible... However, it should only take me ten minutes or so."

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 547
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 7:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The date for the formal thingy is May 14th 2006.

Would love as many to be there as can make it -- my side of the field is gonna be a tad empty otherwise, since everyone I know is in England.

Love,

Lyn x
My first reaction is, "OMG that's crazy". But then I'm thinking this just may be crazy enough to work.
copyright © Bradley McGinnis Sept. 2005

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3294
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 5:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you say formal thingy? what do you mean?

Jenni

ps whatever its great!!
"Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?"

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 548
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, Jenni,

I should have said the ceremony for family and friends.

Love,

Lyn x
My first reaction is, "OMG that's crazy". But then I'm thinking this just may be crazy enough to work.

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 551
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry. It's the 13th.

When is FA Cup Final Day?

Love,

Lyn x

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give us a hand with trying to start a guest list, folks. Post in this thread whether or not you'd be interested in attending. Thanks muchly.

Vila
"Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible... However, it should only take me ten minutes or so."

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3382
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will be there in spirit Lyn!!!
Cheers

Suzi x

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.