Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

NOT for the weak stomach.. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » NOT for the weak stomach.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 316
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 8:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm serious, folks - this is not for those who might be upset or offended.. and that's not what I intend here. But found this interesting, nontheless. Can't quite believe that it's actually true..

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=1&story_id=17114&name=Man+%27wore+slain+mother%27s+skin+as+clothing%27

(Sorry for such a long URL, but it gives a hint at what the story is about for those of you who'd prefer not to read.)

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 317
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Post script..

Actually I am very offended by such an act.

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Carolyn
Sergeant
Username: Carolyn

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 2:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn,

I'm not sure offended is the right word for me. I am thinking more along the lines of horrified. Appalled might even be a good one.

I feel, religious mania can result in all kinds of weird behavior. They can be on a direct mission from God, or they can be doing nothing more than just ridding the world of garbage. There have been some that have speculated that JTR was taking out the garbage.

Interesting, the public display, maybe he felt that God would protect him.

Terrible story.

Carolyn

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 320
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carolyn,

You're right - horrified and appalled fits it better.

I thought several times about whether I should even post that URL - still don't know if I should have. We do get children visiting this site.

Yes, it truly is a terrible story.

Lyn

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 332
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's nothing too weird to be true.
Mags

Mitch Hannah
Sergeant
Username: Mitch

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 4:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shocking, but not surprising. Humans are, in the end, animals. Some just show it more than others.
Mitch
"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and, resting, died."
Anonymous c. 1900

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.