Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Stopping by to say "Hi" and Happy New... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Stopping by to say "Hi" and Happy New Year..... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SirRobertAnderson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 61
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

....to new and old friends.

I'm back on the Case. A visit to the UK over XMAS rekindled my interest...

Feel free to drop a line.

Sir Robert

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 2625
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, Sir Robert,

Welcome back, chief.
Feels a bit weird to outrank you, though, I must admit...

All the best
G, Sweden

"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

SirRobertAnderson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Glenn.

It's going to take awhile to get caught up with developments in Ripperology in 2004...Any comments as to what's been new and noteworthy would be greatly appreciated.

Sir Robert

SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2627
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll have to get back to on that one, Sir.
It's been rather hectic here lately, between the dull moments.

I'll send you an e-mail.

All the best
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 3718
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sir Robert, welcome back.

I can't remember precisely when it was you stopped posting, but one of the major things to happen has been the Viper Press Project, a huge expansion of the press archive.

He actually lived in my home town, apparently, though I'd never heard of him until I joined this site. When I went to my local library to check the local coverage, I found that it had all been already transcribed, proabably by the Viper, probably years ago!

Robert

SirRobertAnderson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 63
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Robert. It's slightly over a year that I've been "away". Got consumed by business matters.

I see Viper passed away. That's a loss...

Sir Robert

SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sir Robert

God there is an afterlife!

XX Suzi

SirRobertAnderson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, yes Suzi there is an afterlife. First thing I did when I arrived here was ask who the Ripper actually was. The answer surprised me, as I thought I knew.

Sir Robert

Brian W. Schoeneman
Inspector
Username: Deltaxi65

Post Number: 332
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yeah! Happy New Year all!

I'm still here lurking. Just been really busy. Damn elections.

But I'll have more time now. I promise. :-)

B

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2652
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brian!!!!

Jesus, it's been a million years...Welcome back anyway... if you are back.

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Brian

Nice to hear from you. Been busy here too... Talk to you soon.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

D. Radka
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sir Robert,
Had a look at "Alternative Ripperology: Questioning the Whitechapel Murders" in the Dissertations section? It was the key development of 2004.

David

Kris Law
Inspector
Username: Kris

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good one, D. you had me there for a second.

Happy New Year, everybody . . . just stopping in to see what's new. Turns out not much. And, a Happy Xmas if I didn't tell you so.

-K
I'll see you in time . . .

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kris,Happy New Year!Good to see you back!
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all!!! and Kris!!!!!!!! Right here we go then spiralling into 2005 whooooooo hoooooooo
Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.