Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Hi all, I'm new Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Hi all, I'm new « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adam Went
Police Constable
Username: Adamw

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 6:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,

I just got my registration e-mail today, and I wanted to say Hello to everyone.

A bit about myself: I'm currently a Student, and I live in Australia. I've been researching Jack the Ripper for just over a year now, and when I found this site it certainly boosted my interest. My personal favourite suspect is Severin Klosowski (George Chapman.)

Current projects: I've almost finished reading Stan Russo's "The Jack the Ripper Suspects: Persons cited by Investigators and Theorists" , and I'm also about to launch some research on Frederick Deeming.

Anyway, that's my introduction, you have a wonderful site here, and I hope to see you all again some time later on!

Cheers,
Adam.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 3642
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Adam

Welcome to the Boards.

We can always do with some more Aussies!

Robert

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indeed, and the more students the better I say!!

Hi Adam,
Jenni

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 461
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adam,

Welcome to the boards! We always enjoy having a new person to dialogue with!

Mikey

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 156
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the boards.

Nina

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 155
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Adam and welcome. I think you've found the most valuable place on the Internet by far for anyone interested in this maddening case.

Now, don;t let your studies get in the way of posting!!
Mags

Adam Went
Police Constable

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again,

Thank you all for your kind welcomes, I'm very excited about becoming a new member here. Before this, I never had anywhere that I could ramble on about Jack the Ripper! Now I finally do!

Anyway, thanks again, and I'll do my best to impress!

Cheers,
Adam.

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 427
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Adam,

You've certainly found the right place. Welcome.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Adam,

Jump on in wherever you like....We all love to argue and fuss with each other, but at the end of the day...we are all still friends. This is indeed a great site. Welcome.
Paul

Adam Went
Police Constable

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Thanks Paul and Dan, it is a great place. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance yet to go through all the sections to see what's around, but I'm going to do that now.

I'd also just like to add that I think the idea of having to send off a form to join the site is a good idea, because then only people who are serious about doing something on here would join.

Thanks again guys, see you all in the other sections!

Cheers,
Adam.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1616
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re your......only people who are serious about anything'..............'welcome to the biggest open air asylum in the world!!!!!!' But the inmates are friendly....on the whole!"!!!W E L C O M E !

Suzi

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1398
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi,

you feeling ok!!??

Jenni

Maria Giordano
Inspector

Post Number: 166
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jen--

I think Suzi must be having a few early helpings of the old Holiday Cheer!
Mags

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1455
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Went,

Seeing as you're the new boy.

Make your Assistant Com a cup of tea.

Theres a good lad,

Monty....in full regalia !
:-)
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

Maria Giordano
Inspector

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Monty...in full regalia"

The mind Reels!
Mags

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

now, now don't scare away the newbies with your demands!!

Jenni

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Adam.
Welcome to the boards, the subject of 'Jack' is a fascinating one i have lived with it for 40 more years, it is a real crime mystery, and a great challenge to all of us, good hunting sport...
Richard.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jen/Maria
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Am probably the only sane one here!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehee!
Hey Monty in full regalia is probably more than us girls can take!!!!!!
Masonic I hope with a Prince Eddy tache!

Cheers!!! Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard!
"Good Hunting!" is a line I love- and remember it said at its best in Das Boot by Jurgen Procknow! to Thomsen in the other boat!!!! HEAVEN!
Suzi

Eugene Adams
Police Constable
Username: Magic42

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I've just joined this site after several months of lurking about and enjoying everyones conversation. It took me a bit to gather up the courage to send in my form . . . so, be kind to the new bloke!
I'm also a student and have been reading Ripper books for about three years. Its only recently that I've gotten serious about it though. I hope to maybe write a screenplay about the victims, but all in good time.
Hope to share my ideas here, but mostly just to learn from all of you! Good to be here!!!
Gene

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!!!!!

The more the merrier!
Jenni
Ho! HO! Ho!!!!!!!

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 468
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gene,

Hello and welcome! We always appreciate (one way or the other) new opinions!

Mikey

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gene,good to see your post and welcome!
Natalie

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 168
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gene,

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Nina

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 437
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gene,

A screenplay based largely on historical facts instead of strongly disproven myths of the case might go over well. I think atmospheric realism could be amazingly effective and, after all the whacky films, could set itself apart.

Those are just my thoughts on that. Welcome to the boards.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Adam Went
Sergeant

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 4:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

"Went,

Seeing as you're the new boy.

Make your Assistant Com a cup of tea.

Theres a good lad,

Monty....in full regalia !
"

Hold on just a minute. I'm a Sergeant now. Constable's make cups of tea for me, I make cups of tea for Inspectors, and Inspectors make cups of tea for you lot of Assistant Com's!

So...Get Abberline to do it!!!!!

Hi Gene,
Welcome to the boards, and happy posting!

Cheers,
Adam.

Maria Giordano
Inspector

Post Number: 181
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,Gene

Don't let BigBad Monty scare you off. Here he comes now with his empty "tea cup".
Mags

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gene!!
Sorry but there must be a joke there|!!!!

Hey welcome to the boards!!!Cups of tea are always welcome at the Asst Comm's desk!!!!

Suzi

Lindsey Millar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings and welcome Gene!

Don't you worry about getting cups of tea for those Asst Comms, mate.. let 'em get their own, I say.

Looking forward to exchanging posts with you!

Bestest,

Lyn

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.