Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Happy Thanksgiving Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Happy Thanksgiving « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!May we all appreciate what we have.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indeed
Happy thanksgiving to everyone over there. i don't know a lot about what you get up to over there on thanksgiving but have a good time!!

John V. Omlor
Chief Inspector
Username: Omlor

Post Number: 879
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

It's great fun. Mostly, we just take native people's food and then kill them.

It's the stuff family traditions are made of.

Giving thanks that I'm of the dominant culture,

--John

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well John,
that's great to know!!

Jenni

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John

But then we do put an Indian on the top of the U.S. Capitol, put Indians on our money, and name baseball teams after them.

Chris pumpkin
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 259
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni,

Basically, Thanksgiving in the states is where families get together and all the womenfolk cook tons of food - namely turkey and ham with all the fixin's. There's also pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. And all the guys convene around the TV to watch sports and talk about sports (a subject I happen to loath), then everyone eats and gets fat. In my case, I'm hanging out at my apartment and have just finished a turkey TV dinner and am quite content to give thanks all by my lonesome this year. Don't you Brits have your own version of Thanksgiving?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. Chris, what kind of currency are YOU using? Mine has dead presidents on it. :-)

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,
you make it sound so exciting!
no we don't have a version - but maybe we should work on it!!
Jenni

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,
you make it sound so exciting!
no we don't have a version - but maybe we should work on it!!
Jenni

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tom

I am thinking of the dollar coin that had Sacagawea on it, the buffalo nickel that had the Indian on it, the Indian head cent, and so on. The Indian motif does reoccur on various U.S. coins. An Indian in headdress also appeared on the U.S. five dollar gold coin.

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 208
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Chris, its not Toms fault...he probably never saw a Sacagawea dollar. I personally tried to put them in circulation by spending 2 rolls of them a week when they first came out. I vowed to keep doing that until I finially got one back in change. After about 6 or 7 months I gave up because I never got one back. I think poor Sacagewa must be riding in an Edsel somewhere with Susan B Anthony...Brad

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.