Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Margaret Hassan Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Margaret Hassan « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lindsey Millar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all good people,

From what I've read in the press today, it looks likely that Margaret Hassan has been mudered by her captors. I hope to God that this isn't true, but there is apparently a video showing her execution.

This woman worked only for the good of Iraq, and if indeed she has been murdered, I can only weep.

Lyn

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Again Lyn,
This case is really so dreadful for the very reason"s you give,that I wonder,if ,infact she is dead-and lets hope she may not be-that her captors
were brigands rather than religious zealots.
Natalie

Lindsey Millar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats,

I does indeed look as though Margaret Hassan has been murdered..

http://www.sundayherald.com/46182

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3773046

I am truly humbled.

This woman gave so much.

Lyn

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lyn,
many thanks for the Sunday Herald Article which I thought was very well argued.We have just watched a video of Fahrenheit 9/11 and if you haven"t yet seen it I urge you to because it covers so many and varied aspects of this war in Iraq together with interviews with some of the families who have lost their sons.This together with the immense suffering by the thousands of Iraqi as well as American and British families who have lost their loved ones in Iraq,America and Britain- a number of Black Watch soldiers have recently been killed or injured in the "triangle of death"-can really bring some of the all over horror of it home.It really is such a mess.
Ken Bigley may have been there to make some retirement money but his death was protracted and hideously cruel.He didnt deserve such a fate either.He came from an ordinary working class family in Liverpool.As his courageous mother of 86 said
he was an ordinary working man who wanted to do his best for his family.
Like you Lyn I am thinking Margaret Hassan is probably dead and she seems to have dedicated most of her life to trying to help the suffering people of Iraq.

Natalie

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.