Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Lead me to the pop up blocker! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Lead me to the pop up blocker! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
is anyone else having difficulties with pop ups?
Maybe its this pc but what keeps happening is that it brings up the pop up without a box so i cant get rid of it and i cant see around it.

If it's me then see above!

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Jim DiPalma
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenn,

I run Netscape 7.1, it's got a built-in pop-up blocker. It's a free download, but a bit lengthy if you have a dial-up line.

If you decide to download and install it, go to the Tools drop-down menu, select PopupManager->ManagePopups. You'll get a dialog box with a list of sites from which popups are allowed. Click on RemoveAll to clear the list, and you're all set, no more popup Hell.

hope this helps,
Jim

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim,
thanks but i am using explorer!

Jenni

Jim DiPalma
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenn,

I'm so sorry to hear that, you have my condolences.

Just say no to defacto standards,
Jim

Nina Thomas
Detective Sergeant
Username: Nina

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

You could try:
http://www.download.com/3120-2001_4-0-1-0.html?qt=popup+blocker&author=&titlename=&desc=&dlcount=&daysback=&swlink=&gfiletype=&os=&li=49&dlsize=&ca=
They have a large variety to choose from. Be sure to read their reviews before downloading, some may not be worth the time.

Nina

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a-ha!
thanks everyone i've found one!

Jenni

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 328
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

www.mozilla.org

Free, has a pop up blocker and isn't a target for ScrIpT KidDiES :-)

crix0r
"I was born alone, I shall die alone. Embrace the emptiness, it is your end."

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.